PDA

View Full Version : scalable/resizable image under customUI

bolekcg
11-27-2012, 01:59 PM
'welcome everybody'

What I'm trying to do today is scalable background of my window.
Is it possible to attach sides of image to the window borders?

http://s14.postimage.org/by7hwo01p/scalable_Img.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/by7hwo01p/)

I tried already with formLayout and few others UI elements but it's not working.

So guys thanks in advance and best !!

EDIT------- image above was made in photoshop ---------

Nyro
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Is it possible to attach sides of image to the window borders?

Judging from the screenshot your supplied, this seems to be exactly what you've achieved.

Or am I misinterpreting your question?

bolekcg
11-27-2012, 02:51 PM
True.... :)
But I made it in PS :) Forgot to mention . Sorry ;)

Nyro
11-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, I've played around with every possibility I could think of.

Apparently, there is no control that supports resizing of the supplied image.

The image or picture controls are always at least as large as the supplied picture. Resizing them doesn't make the picture stretch (though the picture control allows for tiling the picture to fill up the area, but that isn't what you want).

The iconTextStaticLabel is supposed to resize the image with the control if the -style flag is set to "iconOnly", but it didn't work for me.

I even tried out various controls placed inside a scrollLayout and supplied it with a -resizeCommand to query the size of the window and resize the picture, but that didn't work either (as noted above).

Sorry I couldn't help you.

Panupat
11-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Very simple to do if you use Qt/PyQt. Not sure how you'd do it other wise.

bolekcg
11-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks 'Nyro' for bothering. :beer:
I thought it's not so 'easy' with pure mel.

Very simple to do if you use Qt/PyQt
That's for sure... but I was looking for 'simple' inside MEL command :) ... anyway thanks for input.

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2012, 08:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.