PDA

View Full Version : Anim curve value controlled by channel?

rcronin
11-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Hi guys,
I had a bit of a mind twist today and was wondering if anyone here knows how one could control the value of an animation key by way of a channel. To be specific, I have a timewarp animation curve that I would like to be able to scale in value by way of a channel attribute on a controller.
So e.g. I want my ball to bounce at half speed, rather than going into the graph editor and scaling the timewarp curve by .5, I'd want to just select the created 'speed' channel on the ball and type in 0.5 (which would set the last key value on the timewarp curve to half it's value or scale the curve by half).

I've played with the connection editor, set drivens and expressions but can't seem to hook into the keyframes of an animation curve :curious:

R

djx
11-26-2012, 08:13 AM
For what you describe you could just insert a multiplyDivide between the output of the timewarp curve and the input of the connected animCurves. Then enter 0.5 as the multiplier.

David

rcronin
11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Hmmm interesting concept. I'll give it a shot thanks David.

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.