PDA

View Full Version : camera animation transitions

dblrg
11-26-2012, 02:53 AM
In my animations, how do I set my viewports from cam. 1 to cam.2 to cam. 3 etc and then be able to preview it without rendering each time?

jbsantos
11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
In the 3d viewport just select the camera and press "ctrl+0". This make the camera you select as default. If you want to change again, just select another camera and press "ctrl+0" again.

If you want animate the camera change automatically, take a look in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djd178qmjY8

dblrg
11-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Thank you, but maybe I didn't pose my question properly. When I push alt-a to view my animation as it progress's, I want to be able to watch it as if it is the 'finished' production. In the timeline cam. 1 goes for 150 frames, then cam. 2 takes over for 50 frames, then back to cam. 1 etc. Am I making sense? I want to see thru the "viewport" what the finished production will be as I'm making it so I can make adjustments.

jbsantos
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
The link to youtube video in my last post explain exactly that.

When you press Alt+A to see the animation in the 3d viewport, the cameras changes from one to another, in the frame you set to change.

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2012, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.