PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

CreativeDreamer
11-25-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm having trouble with my choices in college. A few years ago before I wanted to work in the animation industry I wanted to go to San Fransisco State University. After realizing how much I enjoy being an artist I found out about Full Sail University. The school looks amazing but I've heard money can be an issue with it. To that end I'm looking for something closer to California that offers things like it. Any ideas?

cgs-john
11-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Though I can't directly answer your question regarding specific schools nearer to you and not knowing where you are in relation to a solid working understanding of art foundations/basics like composition, color theory, lighting, etc; may I suggest that if money is the real issue, and that if you still need to improve your art foundations, that you consider strengthening these areas with courses at a school like SFSU or some other local state schools available to you with lower tuition. Just comparing the costs as found on their websites between SFSU and FullSail, any classes you can take at SFSU that would transfer, would be a better financial decision. It may very well be that way between SFSU and most private universities; just look ahead to schools where you would like to complete your education and discuss with their advisement office which courses will transfer for graduation credit, if any.

If your art foundations are already strong then I apologize that this reply was no help.:shrug:

CreativeDreamer
11-26-2012, 08:32 PM
My apologies. Your post does help somewhat but to an error on my part this thread needs to be deleted. My other thread "a choice" is much more detailed. If you would read it please and then post again. Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2012, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.