PDA

View Full Version : enviroment: Vray interior

arizaga
12-08-2003, 03:19 AM
I will spect your comments about the ilumination. It was done in max 5 with vray render. Thanks for your time,

Luis A.

http://www.arizaga.com/renders/interior_8.jpg

Pin_pal
12-08-2003, 04:34 AM
Most of the lighting looks good, except that sharp white line next to the teddy bear. That looks unnatural. Some other weird stuff on the floor the the left, of the left couch.

BazyBen
12-08-2003, 04:50 AM
I think this is very good, it looks very photo-realistic, well done :thumbsup:

GhostMouse
12-08-2003, 05:25 AM
Really nice stuff. Very photorealistic, you only need to work out some very minor tweaks including that sharp light difference which pin_pal spoke of. Otherwise everything looks nice.

arizaga
12-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Ok, I removed the ugly square of sun light and added some color correction with photoshop more red and yellow, some light corrected with a mask also.

http://www.arizaga.com/renders/interior_A.jpg

What do you think now, I think it's a little burned yet, isn't it?

Thanks for all boys (sorry about my english).

Luis A.

iayestaran
12-09-2003, 01:14 PM
I like the second one better, and you did good removing that ugly square of light. In my taste it could use a tad more contrast, but besides that it's beautifull. Really nice job!! by the way, where are all the remote controls? I wish my coffee table was so clutter free
:thumbsup:

xaoei
12-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Looks like a very warm and friendly contemporary living space. I love it man. I can't help but think of when real time games will be sporting graphics like these and how cool it's going to be. I'm sure that time is incredibly far away though :cry: .

Anyway this image is very well executed and has a very believable environment.

I have a few suggestions if you don't mind:

1. The pillows on the couch, more specifically the way they deform look a little awkward. It's especially noticeable with the pillow on the very right of the image, how it curves to form the shape of the hand rest. I don't think that the materials commonly used in couch cushions (unsure exactly what materials) are that "bendy" for lack of a better term. They are usually very light and stiff. If it was a bed pillow, I think that type of deformation would be a little more accurate.

2. The stone/wallpapered wall by the kitchen, is kind of disrupting a sense of realism for me. The tiling of the pattern is a bit anti-aesthetic I think, and if this is truly a stone wall, you should probably add some displacement in there. If it's just wallpapered... I'm just not quite sure that a stone wallpaper fits too well in that environment, but that's more of a personal preference. (And I am not an interior decorator by trade ;))

But like I said in the beginning, beautiful image. It looks very real. I want to live there. :D

boboroshi
12-09-2003, 04:04 PM
THe image is great. I Agree that the stone wallpaper looks a bit odd. I also thing the cabinets in the kitchen and the vent from the stove look a bit odd to me for some reason. The cabinets almost look like they have not been anti-aliased.

Regardless the shot has a lot of feel to it. Looks good.

MKane
12-10-2003, 03:44 AM
Here's my 2 cents.

The 2nd pic looks better BTW. The shadow looked unnatural.

The biggest distraction are the over sharp corners that appear on the rock wall, the smoke exhaust thingy, the coffee table, and almost every right angle I see in the scene. You should really think about beveling the corners a bit. The sharp 90 thing makes it SCREAM cgi. The 'slightly' rounded edges will help hide that alot.

The texture on the stone wall wraps around very oddly. This might be tough to fix. You might be able to 'hide' it with a wooden frame or something. Either that or tweak the texture slightly.

Dude, it's excellent work. Tweak a few things and you'll see a big defference.

Good Luck

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.