PDA

View Full Version : character: My first head (Kristin Kreuk) :)

Hyneria
12-08-2003, 01:52 AM
Hi guys! I'm 17 years old and this is my first head :) it's supposed to be Kristin Kreuk (Lana lang of Smallville) but....xDD this things happens.. i made it in 3d studio max 5 and vray in a pentium 2 and a very bad graphic card xD no cash:cry: .Sorry for my bad english :(
Show you opinions!! :beer:
http://usuarios.lycos.es/metalmithril/001.jpg

Sly Stylz
12-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Wow I dont know where to begin...... Its just scary, sorry.

I suggest getting reference... LOTS of reference. Line flow is there but the shape is way off if your going for kristen. You asked for honest thats about as "CG TALK" friendly as I can be. Keep on pullin points.

Juzz
12-09-2003, 10:04 PM
höhööh. It looks nothing like her, but I like it in some strange way. It has got a noce cartoony style and id just hilarious.

Man
12-09-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Juzz
höhööh. It looks nothing like her, but I like it in some strange way. It has got a noce cartoony style and id just hilarious.

yeah! that's a simpson to me!

anyway...like said before, the mesh is pretty good (for a first try)but it doesn't look like her

hhhmmm.....kristin kreuk :drool: :drool:

vlad74
12-09-2003, 11:00 PM
for first head is very good. Keep the work up.

darkefire
12-10-2003, 12:06 AM
the eyes and nose look great. but please give her some sort of chin or a jaw line! she's looking more like Beaker from the Muppet Show than Kristin. i think the cheek bones need some work, too. its like the whole face is just drooping over itself. how about renders from a side and front view so we can really see what's goin on here?

wedge
12-10-2003, 08:02 AM
if kristen kruek was drawn into Futurama, this is what she'd probably look like.

darnel25
12-10-2003, 08:14 AM
I think it's pretty good for your first time. You definitely have a lot of potential.

MedusasHead
12-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Is this really your FIRST? Then please tell me which tutorial you used :) I am currently working on my 5th or 6th one, and I wouldn`t dare to show it to anyone yet... the flow of the meshes is very smooth already, technically you are definetly going the right way.

durbdk
12-10-2003, 12:25 PM
I'm afraid I have to agree with the others, I don't think you've captured KKs' face. The face you made looks too cartoonie and swollen. For your first head, I think your lines look good, just need a bit more tweaking and a better texture and you'll have something to be proud of. What are you using for reference? In case you haven't found it there are hundreds of photos of her here:

http://www.kristinkreuk.cc/kknet/gallery/

Don't get discouraged, the beginning is very good; now just finish it!:)

Hyneria
12-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Thanks to all, i'm trying to already improve it although i'm put
in another head ;) Your commentaries help me much thanks.

MedusasHead:Yes is my first head and uses the tutorial Joan of Arc:)

gabe28
12-10-2003, 06:48 PM
The mesh looks pretty dense to me which will make her much harder to adjust. The biggest advise I can give you is to minimise the geomotry as much as possible as you model. This isn't just to cut render times. It takes fewer polys than you may realise to model a good head and it will make it far easier to adjust and animate.

Danilo Buendia
12-10-2003, 07:29 PM
Hey Hyneria,

What is your technique? You should try to find a foward and side shot of her and try to build your model from there. It's too difficult to do it without proper reference. The head artists at work NEVER build a head without proper reference.

It's seems to be the major hurdle at this point. Try finding some more images!

_Danilo

skyfinch
12-10-2003, 08:46 PM
The mesh is very clean considering it's your first head. Maybe the angle in which you rendered it isn't the best?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.