PDA

View Full Version : Ugly rendering, Jittering

Atticus222
11-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Hello everybody!

Can someone please help me ASAP? I made a simple 3D Model in Max, and rendering using Skylight and Light Tracer. I'm doing a line of animation and rendering with an exact same approach, but after series of projects, this is the first time I come across this issue. For some reason, on my model after rendering, some ugly flickering appears. But the model is simple in topology. I viewed Xview, and it showed a lot of flipped faces. I tried to "fix" those, but then the rendering became more ugly and the flickering still appeared, so I had to drop that, and return to the start. Looked at the Xview again, and it shows that majority of the model has overlapped UVW faces. Is that the main issue? And what is the best way to fix that? Because the model has (seem to have) clean topology and no double vertices or faces hidden. Because Xview shows the huge part of the model as overlapped, but the flickering only appears in some (obvious) bits. Someone please? I'm considering of redoing the model, but I don't wish to start if there is some extremely simple solution in front of my nose.

PS.: I am more of an "artsy" person, but started freelancing and only know the basics of 3Ds Max. Even though I hate using it, it's what I started studying on, and have to live with it until I place myself in a different position.

Many thanks!

Peace.

LowJacK
11-22-2012, 11:55 PM
Looks like double geo to me. Clean your mesh.

Atticus222
11-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Time was short so I eventually thrown in the white towel, and used a different render method. Which is not as pretty as the previous ones, but did the job, and they liked it which is the most important bit. So this project is closed down. But thanks anyway!

As for the double Geo, I tested the verts, none of them overlapped one another, tested the face and there was nothing on one another either. I also unhidden everything and tested it that way aswell. But still nothing, the model "seems" completely clean.

But again thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2012, 08:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.