PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the marking menu for UV's

DeadlyNightshade
11-20-2012, 10:43 PM
In the installdir\scripts\others -folder there's a couple files called
convertPolyTools*MM.mel where * is the words "Face", "Edge", "Object", "Vertex"
All these files are scripts of the default marking menues. But here's the thing:
There is no convertPolyToolsUVMM.mel -file, which I find very strange. And according to contextPolyToolsMM.mel there doesn't seem to be one:
//
// Poly edge is selected.
//
string $edgeList[] = `filterExpand -expand false -selectionMask 32 $selection`;
if (0 != `size($edgeList)`)
{
contextPolyToolsEdgeMM;

// allow user to define a proc with additional menu items
if (`exists contextPolyToolsEdgeUserMM`)
contextPolyToolsEdgeUserMM $parent;

return 1;
}

//
// Poly uv is selected.
//
string $uvList[] = `filterExpand -expand false -selectionMask 35 $selection`;
if (0 != `size($uvList)`)
{
// allow user to define a proc with additional menu items
if (`exists contextPolyToolsUVUserMM`)
contextPolyToolsUVUserMM $parent;

return 1;
}
Edge, Face, Vertex and Object -MM's have that first chunk of code in this file (contextPolyToolsMM.mel) - they look exactly the same except they got different selectionMask values and different names depending on type.
But, the second chunk of code up there - the one with the UV's MM - has no references to a contextPolyToolsUVMM. Why is that? Is the MM for UV's located somewhere else? Or is it embedded in some other script?

rgkovach123
11-21-2012, 03:00 PM
The MM for UVs is most likely called from the UV Editor Panel. Vertex, Edge and Face MM are all created by the Model Panel.

DeadlyNightshade
11-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Yea I guess so.
But the code for the UV MM's isn't located in textureWindowCreateToolBar.mel so it must be somewhere else.

Faux
11-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Is it in the texturePanel.mel, you can see the UVeditors ctrl click menu being built there?

DeadlyNightshade
11-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Yup I found it (finally) and now I've replaced some of the stuff there.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2012, 11:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.