PDA

View Full Version : Character: Fighting babe

Beaneh
12-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I started this a while ago, Still can't think of a proper head to put on, so I started rigging and make some poses, c&c appriciated;

**Updated below

h0pesfall
12-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Hmm, well, the legs don't have any edges on the front for the knees, and it deforms rather oddly on your pose. The design is good but you have alot of anatomy problems. The arms are a bit too long, the legs are much too short. The curves around the back and the legs could be worked on also. It's a nice start but needs alot of tweaking. Hope you can fix these few issues soon. I like how her outfit isn't symetric.

Beaneh
12-07-2003, 11:38 PM
thanks for the quick reply, and for pointing out that the arms are a bit too long and the legs too short, very much appriciated :). could you explain what you mean by "The curves around the back and the legs could be worked on also." though, didn't really get that part, as for the deformation of the knees, it seems fine for me, I changed the armature setup a bit after I made that pose though, tell me if this is any better. Feel free to use the image to point out some flaws.

Ill work on the porportions tommorow, bed time ;D

Supervlieg
12-08-2003, 11:04 PM
A few adjustments perhaps:

>>Shorter upper arms, longer lower arms

>>Shorter upper legs, longer lower legs

>> Bigger feet, more with on the front of the foot

>>Her torso seems fine, the armor should be more "naturally" formed, it doesn't seem like her breast would be comfortable in that.

>>More polys where the shoulders, ankles and knees bend. And where the finger bend.

>> A head. really.

MASTERSHOKHAN
12-09-2003, 06:25 AM
I think that the reason you can't create a head for this character is because the torso and the lower half don't match. I look at the torso and think female swat member or space marine. Then I look at the bottom half and think final fantasy x-2. But you know, what you can also get away with a mask, they always look cool.

Beaneh
12-09-2003, 11:05 PM
Update above, thanks for the input everyone, I still need to adjust the armor a bit, keep em comming :)

h0pesfall
12-10-2003, 01:57 AM
she should be able to scratch the bottom of her butt with her hand, and kick above her head with her foot.

Akildee
12-10-2003, 05:01 AM
I'm not sure if this was said exactly but you need a much bigger head. If you're not sure what to do about the head as far characterization, scale the head that you have to the right size and maybe that will help.

Beaneh
12-10-2003, 12:01 PM
h0pesfall: That is what she can do about now.. If you think the porportions are still off, please clearify what I should change. So I can change it for the next update.

Akildee: You are right about the head size, I made it a bit bigger, and I still need to find a good look for the face.

Ill post an update later.

Beaneh
12-10-2003, 05:25 PM
updated..
http://appolonius.mine.nu:8080/Beaneh/cgtalk3.gif

h0pesfall
12-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Much better proportions. Maybe raise the knees just a little tho, and the lower legs seem a bit slim. And imo it would look cooler if the armor felt the shape of her body more. Defining the breasts a bit, following the curve of her back more naturally, etc.

Beaneh
12-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks h0pesfall, I'll try and change it as you said, also, I won't be texturing a friend of mine is.. I really should learn how to do it myself =(

Akildee
12-14-2003, 08:17 PM
I agree witht he comment about the breasts and knees. I would also watch her upper body size. It seems a little long. also fatten up her calves a little bit and you still need to make her head and neck a little bigger.

akil

Beaneh
12-14-2003, 08:37 PM
thanks for the comments guys, but I started doing another model since this one kinda lacked style. I might post it later when I get the whole model done.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.