PDA

View Full Version : vehicle: Super Viper

neo_mosher_zion
12-07-2003, 09:46 PM
this is a viper i made a few months ago, i opened it up again and added these body kits to it. hope you like

this is my first post in this forum so hi all!

GhostMouse
12-08-2003, 05:26 AM
Any chance we can see a bigger render? What Software? How long?

Looks good right now though. Only thing I dont like is the kit colors. Thats personal though.

simonjaap
12-08-2003, 09:20 AM
i thought it would be better without the spikes on front, it would look more sportive but its lookin great man! wanna c a bigger render 2 :thumbsup:

xaoei
12-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Wow man, looks very impressive. Very interested in seeing more of this, larger renders, a wider diversity of colors etc. Would be interested in what techniques you used? Software? Etc.

CBAS
12-08-2003, 11:40 AM
personally i don't like it, the car itself is ok though, but i don't like the "Xmas decoration" you pasted onto it...

that's just me i guess

simplicity is the core of all beauty!

SilentNoise
12-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by $imon
i thought it would be better without the spikes on front, it would look more sportive but its lookin great man! wanna c a bigger render 2 :thumbsup:

Just the spikes? Hell, all that banana yellow stuff should be tossed to the curb. As much as I really don't like the Viper, it's not a Honda dude.

Good model and all, but I'm left scratching my head about the look of it.

karabo
12-08-2003, 03:56 PM
yeah, this model doesn't really do it for me either. It's simply not very nice, I don't like the look of it. Those spikes in the front are ridiculous. I'm not a big Viper fan, in fact, I hate those cars, I think they are the ugliest things ever built. But then again so is almost every other American car ever built. You did model it very well though so I give you credit for your good modeling skills.

XLNT-3d
12-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Come on guys.. It's not bad for a high school kid. Imagine what he can do once he graduates. Seriously though, no one would add plastic to a $70K Viper and devalue it. It may be American made, but Lee Iacocca recruited Shelby who was in Africa at the time to design the thing. Shelby created a beast with the Ford Cobra for Iacocca back in the 60's, so he thought he could give Dodge a shot in the arm in the 90's.

anthonymcgrath
12-08-2003, 06:14 PM
so back to the future 4 is being made eh? cool!

no joking aside man, nice render, good model quality but hell - I'd laugh myself silly if I saw that drive past and I love modded cars!!

slam it on 21's that probably dont fit, alloy wing, phat arches, flip paint job should look the nads

dave_baer
12-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Yeah, something about the whole thing doesn't sit right with me. The construction of the car versus the ornamental body kit looks like it was made by two different people. The car is nice and sleek while the body kit parts look polygonal. Gotta do a bit more to convince us that you actually did the whole thing. It doesn't look like you did.

neo_mosher_zion
12-09-2003, 02:31 AM
ok guys it feels good to see so many ppl posted on my car. note i say my car because YES i MADE THE HOLE THING...

ill post more pictures of it when i was making it, if you really want me to prove it.
as for the size thing. to post it i had to make the pic smaller, like alot smaller. it says that it must be smaller then 20k... the bigger version is like 70k-80k? the other forum i post at lets ya have 100k pics posted. how do you guys post bigger pics here?

neo_mosher_zion
12-09-2003, 02:34 AM
heres a bigger picture

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\animations\pitures\my animations!\cars\viper

skyfinch
12-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Everything, but the spikes, looks good.
It might look even better if you rendered the entire car using one solid colour.

neo_mosher_zion
12-09-2003, 02:57 AM
i did in fact make the car, wheels, body kits. if you dont like the body kits, thats your opinion. i made them to make the viper look like no other viper created.

to prove that i made it ill post different pics if ya really want.

also heres a bigger pic with different colors.

i use Max 5. and its about 100,000-200,000 polys
heres the pic

C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\animations\pitures\my animations!\cars\viper

karabo
12-09-2003, 04:07 AM
umm.... the image links you posted there are not going to work for anyone but you because they reference your hard drive.

mwkmn
12-09-2003, 04:09 AM
It's pretty odd, those yellow parts, but yet they are quite original...So there's the credit ;)
And it's good to finally see some variation of Viper after seeing hundreds of stock versions rendered...:p

SilentNoise
12-09-2003, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by neo_mosher_zion
i made them to make the viper look like no other viper created.

Mission accomplished :arteest: :D

I'll give you one thing however, I'm still learning Maya right now, and I have yet to try out a car, so I'll give you cuddos for that much anyway.

As it was said already, wireframe and larger render versions would be nice to have, but you can't just post a link off your own comp.

A free place to host your pics is the place a few of my Mustang buddies host their stuff: http://www.mustangmods.com/

neo_mosher_zion
12-09-2003, 11:40 AM
here ya go, these are the origonal colors i used for the kits, only thing is you cant see them very well.
unless i post links to that other forum i use, or find a better way.

XLNT-3d
12-09-2003, 01:47 PM
Don't you have a WIP at another forum. If nothing else works, you could link to there. Of course, it is another forum so I do not know if it is appropriate or not. I know the rendered image is larger.

BTW. Whatever everone's opinion, the model is all his. The add-ons do look like they were just that.."Add Ons". Most after-market parts fit with the car and look like they have a purpose.

neo_mosher_zion
12-10-2003, 12:25 AM
XLNT 3d you have a good point, and as for the little thingys like the mini spoilers by the roll bar. or the spikes....!!! first they arnt spikes they are grouves that go the length of the car that direct the air flow. there suposed to keep the car under control at high speeds. most sport cars like le mas cars, or say a saleen s7, have these but there only visable at the back because of a front spoint around the bottom of the frot bumper. i figured a spoiler like that would clash with the already cool front end, although i may add one. the hood has air scoops to keep the engine nice and cool. as for the dealys on the side of the car, first they stick out way to far to be legal if there is a law on width. anyway they too are spoilers, as seen easier in the pic where they are yellow. and as for how they look on the car, i think the side things form wuite well into the look, plus they rap around the bottom part of the door.

if you guys... and the moderators here dont mind i could post a link to my WIP thread at a different forum. something tells me the moderators will not go along with this idea so im going to have to find a different way to post pics, to continue posting here.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.