PDA

View Full Version : Window size restrictions (due to children?)

DeadlyNightshade
11-18-2012, 10:24 PM
I have a UI that I'm working on improving.
One final thing that has been bugging me is the fact that I can't scale down my window below the size of it's children (the paneLayout's children I believe). Thing is that my paneLayout is like 600 pixels in height or something and I can't scale the window below that.
And there doesn't seem to be any flag for this - at least I have not found one.

Code:
window
-title "The title"
uvTextureEditor;

paneLayout
-configuration "vertical2"
-paneSize 1 5 100
-paneSize 2 95 100

-staticWidthPane 1

sidePanel;

formLayout uvManipLayout;

// My UI elements

DeadlyNightshade
11-21-2012, 10:44 PM
No one knows what to do here?
My paneLayout is keeping the window from resizing any smaller - which is a bit weird because I can hide it all together by just dragging the separator to the left side. But still, even as it's hidden I can't scale down the window below the size of the paneLayout.

NaughtyNathan
11-22-2012, 10:12 AM
I've found similar issues in the past, always to do with the change to using QT for the default ELF UI stuff. I managed to fix it in the majority of cases iirc by simply changing the layout attachments or sizes of controls. A bit vague I know, but what I essentially found is that stuff which just worked by default prior to QT (2010 and below) now doesn't and requires much more stringent and explicit layout definition and instruction.

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2012, 10:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.