MKabesh
11-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Check out cebas' new video on GPU - Area Shadows:

http://www.cebas.org/blog/

Pretty cool :buttrock:

cebas Team

Mattoo
11-17-2012, 12:20 AM
As the "Before posting..." blurb says above, I want to be courteous and polite but at the same time it also says "Don't dilute the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary fluff.".
So without being the former I want to kindly suggest that these fR4 posts might be the latter and they are becoming a bit spammish.

The CG News column right now has 4 posts from Cebas announcing a fairly common feature per post. These have been features found in most other software for the last 10-15 years. I'm really not sure it counts as news anymore.

TRick
11-17-2012, 07:37 AM
I really like being kept up-2-date on this. And since CGTalk is my favorite forum re. all CG stuff I can't see what harm can be done putting this in the News section. Cebas puts uniform headlines, so just don't open these posts if you 'fear' them.

I've worked with all biased and unbiased render engines for Max, and the hybrid character combined with full integration is unique .... even if it's just about an Area Light!

AbnRanger
11-17-2012, 08:05 AM
As the "Before posting..." blurb says above, I want to be courteous and polite but at the same time it also says "Don't dilute the forums with irrelevant and unnecessary fluff.".
So without being the former I want to kindly suggest that these fR4 posts might be the latter and they are becoming a bit spammish.

The CG News column right now has 4 posts from Cebas announcing a fairly common feature per post. These have been features found in most other software for the last 10-15 years. I'm really not sure it counts as news anymore.Did anyone twist your wrist, or tie you down and force you to read this thread? I agree that they should be contained in a single thread titled "Features of Upcoming release finalRender R4 GPU."

Nevertheless, your comment about features in other major software is ridiculous. People keep popping into these threads and don't pay a lick of attention before spouting their nonsense. Edwin is pointing out the differences between R4 GPU and current GPU based rendering/preview options. SSS has been around for 10-15yrs, but does VRay RT support it?

RobertFreitag86
11-17-2012, 11:16 AM

The CG News column right now has 4 posts from Cebas announcing a fairly common feature per post. These have been features found in most other software for the last 10-15 years. I'm really not sure it counts as news anymore.

I would also like to be updated about it! As you are not forced to read it, just don't read it.

-Robert

EricM
11-17-2012, 07:01 PM
I also tend to agree there could be a single fr4 GPU thread updated. In such a short time period, it does feel more like a marketing stunt rather than news after a while, no matter how great the features are... Great minds like this can certainly plan ahead what they want to post

Thankfully this doesn't become the norm and every single developper creates a new thread every other day to showcase their new code, one feature at a time (imagine blender doing it for every WIP code branch and you'll get the idea...).

Good work nonetheless on the shadows.

Bullit
11-19-2012, 12:50 AM
The problem is the way the forum runs. An Fr thread that runs more than 5 days means that goes out of first forum page thread.

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2012, 12:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.