PDA

View Full Version : Calamity Of Touch, Enayla (2D)

Enayla
12-07-2003, 02:56 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45074/calamityoftouch_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/45074/calamityoftouch.jpg)

Would you guys believe I'm such a chicken I hardly dare to post my images here? So many absolutely stunning pictures here that I grow reluctant.

But here I am again, and here's another image.

Calamity of touch

In the dead of the night, they had surrendered to their attractions. Ivory skin to ivory skin in the darkness of the temple - lips like dew-moist petals meeting for the first time.

But their tryst did not go unnoticed - the God they both worshipped did not approve. And she, judged a seductress, was -cursed-.

At first, they did not know what was wrong. The first few people who succumbed to the plague went unnoticed. Then more died, and then he died... and she, a healer, fought desperately to save the others in the city. Corpse after corpse piled up, blackened skin like her grieving heart, and then one day... they were all gone. Desperate, she fled to the next city - to warn them of the plague. To warn them to flee before it would come to take them, too.

It was they, not she, that made the connection. It was they - the people of the city - that understood what was wrong when the emissaries that met with her were the first to be struck with the plague. She was cast out, spat on, and cursed by young and old alike... but not before having infected yet a city with the pestilence.

She realised then her punishment. He had merely died... she had become, instead of a healer, an infectious monster. A plague spreader. All who touched her, and talked to her, were taken by a sickness of rot and destruction.

She fled back to her fallen home, and waited there for her own demise. Little did she know then, that the God had also cursed her with eternal life.

Also, side note: I'd like to thank my best friend Ulrika for helping me out and modelling for poses :]

Man
12-07-2003, 05:59 PM
are u linda bergkvist?

Enayla
12-07-2003, 06:04 PM
Err, yes, that'd be me. Why? :)

NathanielWest
12-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Linda,

This is beautiful work as is always the case with you!! You've really captured a great mood and the colors are outstanding. Keep it up!

Goro
12-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Wow! Another stunning work from you! No crits at all!
Your pictures on exposé 1 are amazing too! Just didn't know
that you are linda:)

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Kirt
12-07-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Enayla
Would you guys believe I'm such a chicken I hardly dare to post my images here? So many absolutely stunning pictures here that I grow reluctant.

You're kidding right? This is absolutely stunning work Linda! Get over your reluctance and post more, more, more ...

[front paged!]

eYadNesS
12-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Wow nice work, I think there is a little wrong with her left arm :hmm:
Anyway nice idea :)

ThE_JacO
12-07-2003, 08:21 PM

you are either not serious or totally nuts... :p

I love the piece, the rendering is slightly different from the last works of yours I saw, actually I find it better, or at least fresher.

P.S. the avatar is even better :)

Gyan
12-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Nice mood.

This place is of different (and higher, IMHO) calibre than DeviantArt.

But your work would fit here quite well.

KolbyJukes
12-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Awesome! I love the hints of red on her and the bird's heads...the story is so ironically fitting...wonderful work. Reminds me of the color scheme for the dead marshes in LOTR: the two towers.

Please post more. Awesome.

-Kol.

CptObvious
12-07-2003, 08:31 PM
I'm looking on the pic and I think that her left arm is a little bit short. Although OUTSTANDING WORK!!:thumbsup:

Archieoi
12-07-2003, 08:33 PM
The work looks amazing. I was really taken back by the background and the birds... I was looking at your website and I like the tutorial for the nose. I think you should put up a tutorial on how to do an entire piece. Help on creating art at your caliber would be much appreciated. Especially for some one like me who is just getting into digital art... such as my self =D, well keep up the good work...

chikega
12-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Beautiful illustration and a nice painterly style. My only humble critique would be of her right ankle area - seems a bit thick.:)

Riddick
12-07-2003, 08:59 PM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
She's Back!!!!!!!!!
Oh so coooool!

And with an amazing piece.:scream: :bounce: :applause:

olijosman
12-07-2003, 09:04 PM
Great colors use , and great image too !! Amazing :applause: :thumbsup:

Nostradamus
12-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Wow.....

Yet as the opponent of just "wow" comments, i will crit you'r amazing work :)

It seemd that on her right foot... that she's got like a clump-little toe or sumthing? :) ...looks a tad wierd to me.
It' looks a wee bit like she is floating, if you look at her behind... just a bit..maybe some folds on her dress?

but hey, theese are just artistic touches, that make paintings so unique :)

yet again..amazing ;)

Adam
12-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Linda your pieces are always so perfect. The way you manage to capture a real mood is so perfect. I would have to agree with some of the above comment about the arm but... form is not what makes your work so amazing (although you have great form) color and content is what sets you apart. You manage to use color in a subtle way that allows for natural varation while not being distracting and only adds to this real world you have painted. I really appreciate how you manage to setup up and image through good writing

keep up the great work

edit: I take back the comment about the arm (I was wrong on second look) but add the comment about the width on the right ankle

mv
12-07-2003, 09:21 PM

Sorry, but you're better at painting than at making jokes.:p

:eek: beautiful piece.

nathan 3d
12-07-2003, 09:42 PM
Linda,

Great peice as usual. I love your art and look at if for insperation. Your style matches my personality well and I wish i had half the talent as you. Good job. I hope to see another soon.

FLOw
12-07-2003, 09:55 PM
would I be weird to flirt with you on cgtalk? :blush:

heh..that was about it :) nice pic ;)

WhiteBlaizer
12-07-2003, 10:09 PM
excellent piece Linda, as usual you astound me. You transfer dramatism very well into your paintings, very emotive.

What kind of bird is that?? a dark caracara??

thumbs up :thumbsup:

dwin
12-07-2003, 10:16 PM
I don't know what to say... It's amazing.. Great Work!!!:thumbsup:

erilaz
12-07-2003, 10:17 PM
Beautiful. Inspiring artwork.:love:

linus3d
12-07-2003, 10:19 PM
It reminds me of Magic: The Gathering cards... hehehe.

Bliz
12-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Great stuff Linda, the colours and mood are very 'reinassiance' [sp?] in style.

Enayla
12-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Nathaniel West: You're too kind :) I'll do my best, though there's not a lot of time to paint these days.

Goro: Aw, thank you very much :] I'm glad you liked my Exposé pieces.

Kirt: Hahah, actually not kidding. I'm used to only really posting in a couple of galleries, and my own forum, and this place is so big, with so many people.

EYadNesS: You're likely right :] Her arm looks a little short - I had a perspective thing in mind here, but I suppose it didn't work out quite as planned. Thanks for the crit and comment :]

ThE_JacO: Hahah, that makes me nuts then ;] And yes, this piece is a little different from what I usually do. Trying out lots of new stuff and I'm loving it so far. I suppose that colouring comics is really influencing me in its own way, you know? So, well, thanks :] Heheh, and thanks about the avatar - it's my comic version of myself.

Gyan: Thanks :] DeviantArt is really not my main place of posting. Most of my pieces go up at gfxartist and epilogue, and my own forums (aside from my own homepage). All in all, not really in places with as high traffic as this spot, I think.

KWAK: Thank you :] I'm pretty sure Two Towers has inspired me in more ways than I can begin to imagine. I find the first two movies in the LOTR series to be insanely beautiful and I twitch with eagerness to paint every time I've watched either of them. Can't wait to see the third. So, anyway - thank you :]

tiger1313: You're right, I think :] I was aiming for, like mentioned in an earlier response, some kind of perspective... but I suppose I didn't pull it off. A mistake to be remembered, and learned from, for my next pieces I hope. Anyway, thank you kindly :)

Archieoi: Thankee :] Yeah, more tutorials will come in the future. Right now, I really don't have the time for anything but work (this piece is not my latest, but the one that I did after, will be the only one I'll have the time to do for a long while, unfortunately). I promise I'll get cracking on a tutorial as soon as I have the time.

Chikega: The ankle? Ooh, you're right, I didn't even notice that earlier D: Hahah, it's funny how you go blind to your own work. I'll see if I can fix it, otherwise I'll just have to keep it in mind for my next painting. Thank you very much :)

Riddick: Aw, thank you <3 !

Olijosman: Thankee kindly :)

Nostradamus: Thank you :] Feet are my endless problem. I am currently working on learning how to paint them better, which is why in all my latest pieces, the characters have been barefoot ;] It's a process though. Maybe I'll nail it next time, eh? :)

Adam: Aw, very kind words. I am insane about colours - it's really the main reason to why I paint. I can sit around talking to someone, and rudely enough, all I'll be thinking is, "oh, my, those lips have the perfect touch of salmon pink, and that colour goes so well with the ivory of the cheeks I have in mind for my next painting, mwahahah, I'll steal that!". Heheh. I'm a silly girl. And I talk too much. So, anyway, thank you very much.

m@.: Hahahah, no joke, but thank you ;]

nathan 3d: Awk, thank you :] I'm pretty much you have at least as much talent as I do - I often doubt I have any talent and all, and is working solely on luck and chance, you know? I've been so uninspired lately. Good luck with your own work :)

FLOw: Hahahah, flirt with me? Whatever for - I'm such a boring lady ;] Thanks though.

WhiteBlaizer: Thank you :D The birds are actually supposed to be a kind of vulture. I'm no bird-expert though, so I made sure to think "a KIND of vulture" rather than any specific type of vulture. I'd not be able to pull it off. Thanks :]

Dwin: Thankeee :]

Erilaz: Aw, thanks! <3

linus3d: Hahah, it does? Cool :]

Bliz: Thanks... and very cool that you spotted my influence :) I'm crazy about renaissance art right now.

spiromind
12-07-2003, 10:33 PM
a beautiful work!
Can you tell us more about the techniques used and software.
thanks
:bounce:

XYZRGB
12-07-2003, 10:42 PM
You are too humble. Accept you greatness for what it is. Know that you are one of the best.

To be humble is a great thing, but not when it holds you back.

I really do admire you for your humbleness, despite having such obvious talent.
:bowdown:

polyester
12-07-2003, 10:53 PM
actually IMO, the perspective on the left arm is dead on. It's going to look a little strange as it is in a strange perspective. We're not used to seeing poses like that frozen in real life so it's tough to judge. It looks pretty acurate to me though. You might be able to get the perspective across a bit better by just shading some more, but I wouldnt' suggest making the arm itself any longer.

This is unarguably amazing and inspiring work. Thank you.

- Poly

Adam
12-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Polyester I think you are right the perspective is dead on. It takes a lot of nitpicking to find much wrong

hesido
12-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Very distinctive in style. I knew from the plug that this piece was yours. Been on your site a couple of times :)

There is a curved , just a little brighter line over the clouds between the wings of the bird, which distracted my attention. Well.. No.. Actually I looked really hard to find say sth. :)

BinarySoup
12-07-2003, 11:27 PM
I doubt I'll ever grow tired of these serene women you paint so well, however, if I was allowed to request something it would be more portrayals of emotion. the look of contempt, anger and despair in 'all that I loved is gone' still blows me away and thus I personally holds it highest of your works (well, of those I've seen). another thing with that artwork that really surpasses many others that you've done is that in this the main subject was truly part of it's surroundings, where'as in many other of your works the main subjects looks somewhat paste'd upon the background. please don't take this as critisism, but rather as my personal preference regarding your excellent artwork.

grymt bra!, som vi säger här i gamla svedala ;)

@FLOw:
CRAZY avatar, talk about nostalgia, 'Trazan & Banarne' was the best christmas morning show ever!

niut
12-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Wonderful!!! I like a lot :applause: :applause: :applause:

PhilOsirus
12-07-2003, 11:34 PM
There is often not much criticism to be found, yet even if this piece of yours is magnificient the possible crits displayed here are mostly because we find this so nice we want to help if we can find littles things to make it even more perfect:)

1- As others said, the left arm is a bit short. Even if it was not straight it would be longer because her left side is rotated more toward the front anyway, so it would even out I -think-.

2- The brownish clouds almost merge in with the vulture's left wing. But that's not big deal at all.

3- The strings on her back. The strings could not really both go away from her and toward her since what is very light usually only goes in one direction since the force errrr "transfer?" is done rapidly on light things. Bah, that's a bit exagerated comming from me:)

4- Lastly, just a personal opinion of mine, I would have made her right hand wide open and touching the stone collumn on which she sits, just to make it less "just standing there".

I hope this was easy to understand and helpful! Post more next time, don't hold back;)

sizzlebits
12-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Oh man... that is beautiful. Very inspiring. Thank you. =)

StefanA
12-07-2003, 11:53 PM
I'm on my laptop at the moment and can't really comment on the colors (which I thinks looks great though).

It's a really nice piece. And to give you some more criticism... it's difficult. But from an animators point of view I would also like to see the right hand resting on the pillar so that she gets her balance there. Which then also would mean that the right shoulder would go up a bit. Then the feet can be "dangling" (spelling?) like they are now.

But.... it is a very awesome image. Like the rest of your work it's top notch! And don't be shy to show off your work :)

best regards

.stefan andersson

Quizboy
12-07-2003, 11:57 PM
that chick in the pic is hot! i'd do her.

Man
12-08-2003, 12:03 AM
sorry!

i really like your works!

it's that i saw a website that had your images, then i thought it was your official website, then i saw your website (the one in your profile) and i saw all your drawings, then i thought you were a fake!

haha big mistake....:D

anyway.....i like it a lot! rally nice use of colors and theme and history and...everything is great! nothing else to say

hhmmm

have you ever seen this (http://layouts-blog.blog.pl/) ??

Enayla
12-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Dude, you guys respond quickly D: How can I keep up with my replies?

Vegan: Hahah, now you're making me blush. Thank you.

Polyester: Hm, now I have two different views on the matter :] My thoughts were along the lines of what you say - but I'm not sure anymore if I got it right or not. Thank you very much, though, and even if I did mess the arm up, I hope it's not too bad because I won't have the time to go back and change it now :]

Adam: Well, nitpicking is good :) I wouldn't learn anything if not for all the nice people trying to help me out.

Hesido: Hey, you have no idea of how happy that makes me :] I've always tried to develop a style that's mine, and it's not always that easy. Heheh, I can see the brighter line now that you mention it ;] Thanks, another thing that bugs me about my painting!! (Just kidding, really, thanks for pointing it out, :D )

BinarySoup: Request noted :] I know what you mean, I tend to go for the very distant, serene look because I like it so much. I'll try to add some spice to the next one, I promise :) As for All that I loved is gone, it's one of the paintings I'm the most happy with, along with Melody of your Demise, so I'm glad you like it :]

And, hey, how does everyone know I'm Swedish? D:

Niut: <3 Thank you :D

Phil "Osirus": Hey, don't ever be afraid of criticising my work :] I love to take critiques to heart and grow with them - even if I don't always have the time or energy to rework an image, I always make sure to remember what's been said for the next image I create. I totally agree with you about the hand on the stone - that was a big mistake I made and I've tried to go back and change it a couple of times without getting it to look right. For now, and probably until I get really bored and have no work to do, it'll have to look like it does.

As for your other crits - excellent advice, and it's much appreciated. Heheh, with the strings that flow from her dress, though, I claim artistic license to keep it the way it looks though it might be 'wrong', simply because I loooove floaty little ribbons and strings. I'm silly, I know, but there it is :]

And yes, very helpful and easy to understand :) Thanks tons and tons.

Sizzlebits: Aw, no, thank you :]

StefanA: Hey, I hear you on the hand on the pillar. I messed up on that one and when I've tried to fix it, it just didn't work out (see my post to Phil). Maybe raising her shoulder would do the trick, but I don't have the time to go back and continue on the picture right now :] That's a very helpful piece of advice, though :] Thank you muchly.

Quizboy: Hahahah, well, I wish I could say she looks exactly like someone I know, but she doesn't, so...

Man: Hahahah, I see. Thanks :] You wouldn't believe how often I'm accused of ripping off Linda Bergkvist when I post under my online alias Enayla, and vice versa. Also, people seeing my pictures on different sites and refusing to believe I'm 'me', or catching the images on postcards or t-shirts and believing I've ripped them off ;D It's starting to get rather amusing by now.

[edit] And, no, I hadn't seen that. They're not allowed to use my images in that manner, but the amounts of websites that do make it impossible for me to keep track, or to get them all to take the pictures down. It's a hopeless crusade.

polyester
12-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Phil "Osirus"
1- As others said, the left arm is a bit short. Even if it was not straight it would be longer because her left side is rotated more toward the front anyway, so it would even out I -think-.

I think I see what you mean. I still think the entire length of the arm is correct, but I think only the top portion of the arm is what needs to be elongated, then the forearm should actually be foreshortened a little more. If it were me though, I'd just about leave it exactly as is. It just doesn't look all that incorrect to me.

- poly

ShinChanPu
12-08-2003, 12:13 AM
Good work, Linda.:thumbsup:

I really like the atmosphere.... the colours and lighting get an oppressive and depressing mood which produces an anxiety feeling on me. The figure (skin colour, expression) increases this sense. I love the bright touches of warm colour in flowers and bird´s head... a smart solution to catch the glance in a critical area.

My crit is about the figure itself. Construction, posing and proportions can be improved. The main mistake to me is that she doesn´t seem being sitted in a natural, relaxed and comfortable pose.... it seems to me like she had his joints locked or fixed by another person (maybe yourself?).

Awesome scene anyway, Linda. keep on posting for us.

Modron
12-08-2003, 02:13 AM
That's really beautiful. Also there is nothing wrong with the left arm,....it appears to have a slight bend to it, thus the 'shortness'. Were it more extended, she would look tense and unnatural. Arm is FINE. :thumbsup:

dpvtank
12-08-2003, 02:41 AM

with this type of work:
http://www.furiae.com/index.php4?view=gallery

....I fail to comprehend.

I absolutely love your work.

phoenix
12-08-2003, 03:39 AM
five stars from me... excellent job

phade2
12-08-2003, 04:50 AM
I like your painting style.:bowdown:

mo wuhen
12-08-2003, 05:51 AM
well, only i can't see the pic ?
>_<

gtidhar
12-08-2003, 07:18 AM
Am I the only one here to not know you Linda? :blush:

You are a wonderful creator!

You truely have created an expresive work of art.

Forgive me for my ignorence, but what is that short story written below your painting? It is very emotional.

Have you written it? I am sadden to think why would you belive such a great artist as you could ever pleague us with anything except admiration to your art work!

Is there anything faulty in you?
A woman,
A scandinivian one!
And an amazing artist!

Truely great.

Garma
12-08-2003, 07:45 AM
I absolutely love this kind of images. That's what I call evocative :thumbsup:

nathan 3d
12-08-2003, 08:42 AM
don't kid yourself. You are one of my favorite artists. Actualy top five. Your style is so rare but consistant. I love it! And I just got back from your site again and I was wondering when that dark fairytale book going to be compleeted? I would love to buy a copy.

btw, I think my favorite image is that of tneme's. The story is awsome. I have told all my friends how the god of enslavement was made :)

keep it up!

Franz
12-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Hey Linda I just came back from your website. So many pictures that I havent seen yet. Truly beautifull. In this picture the bg is very reduced, was that one of your intentions in this one?

Max4d
12-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey

I kinda like this work, it has a very dark and mysterious mood about it. I like the use of colors, the slight variation of the tones. Very skilled job.

I do think that too much space is left open, but it could just fit the theme. I don't know if that was what you wanted.
I also think that the arm that is hanging next to her has too short fingers, looks like they end in nothingness and become very pointed like some demon hands.

I do think it's a good piece, so keep it up.

Greetz Max4d

gooncool
12-08-2003, 09:37 AM
so cool!!!great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer: :applause:

Jovi
12-08-2003, 10:30 AM
you're simply my favorite 2d artist:)

r2d3
12-08-2003, 11:48 AM
whieee i got a new wallpaper :bounce:
absolutly stunning piece of work linda

Enayla
12-08-2003, 11:55 AM
Shin Chan Pu - Thank you. The oppressive/depressive mood was something I was, indeed, trying to aim for. As for the body of the girl - I wanted her to look somewhat awkward and slumped over. It's only slightly based on some really hasty photos of my friend and she wasn't really sitting like that to begin with (add to that - she's a very tall girl with an entirely different body than the character I wanted to paint), but the photos helped out to get some angles right.

The joints on the girl on the picture are, in other words, designed by yours truly so any mistakes can't be blamed on the model, it's all me. I can see what you mean - she does look a little stiff - but I think it's kind of too late to go back and do something now :] I really appreciate the comment though and I'll keep it in mind for my next picture.

Modron: Hey, thanks :) The arm does have a slight bend to it, I'm glad someone noticed :]

Dpvtank: <3 thank you!

Phoenix: Aw, thankeeee :]

phade2: Thank you kindly :)

mo wuhen: You can't see it? :[ Try this url? http://www.gfxartist.com/community/elite_gallery/33375

gtidhar: Hahah, there must be tons of people who don't know me :] I'm a little freaked out by the amount that seem to do know who I am, to be honest.

The story beneath the painting is written for the painting. I'm working on a dark fairytale book (no publisher yet, so far it's just a hobby), and this is one of the many stories, though, of course, a short version of it. And, trust me, there are lots of faults with me ;] Thank you :)

Garma: Thank you :] In hindsight, maybe I should've posted in that other forum, but too late to change my mind now :]

nathan 3d: Aw, thanks :) I have a financial guy looking into the possibilities of me being funded for working on the book for 6 months, but as it is, I don't have the time to continue with it. I need LOTS of time to do it seriously, you know? Glad you like Tneme, by the way :)

Franz: Thank you :] And yes, the background is very simple here because I kind of felt like it. I had a vision in mind and it didn't include a complicated background - add to that, that the only really 'good' backgrounds I've done previously have been of forests... so it was a bit of a challenge, even keeping it toned down :)

Max4d: Thanks :) I did a lot of work on the colours in this one, so I'm glad to hear they're appreciated. The background was intended to be empty and abandoned to fit with the story, the hand, however, is simply a mess-up by yours truly ;] Thanks for pointing it out! :D

Gooncool: Yay, thanks :D

Jovi: Eee! Now you're truly making me blush. Thank you very much.

r2d3: Hey, glad I can be of service *bows* I'll add it as a real, big wallpaper to my site later on :] Thanks!

mage111
12-08-2003, 12:40 PM
so much emotion and story, just by looking at this piece, there really is no need for the story you wrote. both are very well done though. i think the fact you didnt do the typicaly seen, larger chested woman, adds even more to it, her physical shape makes her look completely fragile & at the same time helpless to do anything, thats just my impression.

<3 this piece, theres so much in it. GJ

Âme noire
12-08-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi you,

I totally admire your work and have nothing to add what hasn't written in this thread before besides that you are not only a great artist.

You are also a kind person (ok, I know that I don't really know you), because you reply to every comment in detail. :buttrock:

Keep up your amazing work. :applause:

draconix
12-08-2003, 03:01 PM
I like the pic and I love the description. Very deep.

Atwooki
12-08-2003, 04:53 PM
Stunning work as ever, Linda; and a truly distinctive style......
Excellent colour composition, also :) Leaves you wanting more...

Atwooki

mstl
12-08-2003, 05:49 PM
This is unbelievable.....very nice work Linda....very nice.

LittleFenris
12-08-2003, 05:50 PM

But here I am again, and here's another image.

Wow, work like that you are reluctant to post?! This is absolutely amazing...first class painting. :buttrock:

Helioz
12-08-2003, 06:09 PM
Fantastisk målning som vanligt =)
Enda jag har att klaga på är att tårna på den vänstra foten ser lite konstiga ut.
Keep up the great work!

PAnick
12-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Wow, det är den obligatoriska forum fanboy spamm och raggning. Cgtalk är sig likt...

j/k :D

Aaaaanyway, eveything has practicly been said about this picture so all I hafta say is...ditto, and keep it up. :thumbsup:

Enayla
12-09-2003, 10:08 AM
Oooh, I'm a veteran now, sweeeet.

mage111: Thank you :] I have a liking for painting slightly different women from your ordinary fare of fantasy-ladies (they do have a certain look for the most part, don't they?). I tried to make her look thin, and fragile, and delicate - and small, and I'm glad to hear that it came through. Thanks :)

Âme noire: Aw, thank you :] A kind person? Me? Heheh, you never know ;]

Draconix: Thanks :]

Atwooki: Thank you very much :] I'm glad you think I've developed my own style.

_mistle_: Thankeee <3 !

VWTornado: Hahah, like I said, I'm a total chicken. Terrified of new grounds, though in all honesty, I get twitches whenever I post a picture online at all. Thank you :]

Helioz: Tack :] Håller med dig om tårna - jag försöker lära mig att rita fötter (jag HATAR fötter), och det är en seg process. Maybe one day, eh ;] ? Thanks :]

Panick: Hahahahahaahah, är det så illa? ;P Thank you kindly :)

ry4n
12-09-2003, 12:03 PM
Nice work! I love your style! I also love those comics on your site. :)

-ry4n

btw - your cat, Azrael, is beautiful! (like you already didn't know) :)

leigh
12-09-2003, 11:29 PM
Absolutely stunning. I've always loved your style and work, and this is no exception - moody, beautiful colours and an intriguing storyline behind the image.

En vidunderlig bild, fantastisk :D

imphead
12-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Stunning work Enyala. I love the subtle use of color. I love the soft almost silken quality to the skin. I love the muted atmosphere and the barest hint of clouds in the sky.

My only suggestion would be to carry the peach color cloud bank up and to the left behind the woman's head as right now the visual line taken from the wings of the vulture, to the clouds on the right, through the arm of the woman and then down her back, excludes visually the upper left of the image. By continuing the lighter bank of clouds behind her head and then up to the left you break this line and force the eye to travel up, opening the piece up.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm really enamoured of your work and to let you know I look at your pieces for inspiration.

Best,

Brian

Sousuke
12-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Very Nice.
You are real artist.

DrQuincy
12-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Superb work!

chainjane
12-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Very nice!!! I like it!:bounce: :applause:

ibeliveicanfly
12-15-2003, 02:24 AM
Nice work!!!!:thumbsup: :buttrock:

Franz
12-16-2003, 03:48 PM
thanx for giving replies to everybody, I think you made quite
a few people happy.:)

Enayla
12-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Aaah, so this is where my picture disappeared to. I'm so slow - I looked all over, and slowly decided it must've been deleted, hahah.

ry4n: Aw, hey, thanks :] Giving me compliments on my Azrael is a surefire way of making me really like you ;]

Leigh: Thank you :] Put a lot of time into the colour choice in this one, so I'm very glad to hear it's appreciated :)

Imphead: Thank you kindly :) I totally agree with you on the clouds, now that you've pointed them out to me :] It's odd how you can completely miss something until someone mentions it to you, and then it's so obvious. And thank you, again: you're one of my inspirations, so it's wonderful to hear that you like what I do.

Sousuke: Thank you :]

DrQuincy: Thanks :D

chain_jane: Thankee :]

ibeliveicanfly: Thanks! :] *bows*

Franz: aw, thanks :] I always try to reply to everyone I can, unless something big comes up and I get distracted (like, too much work, family issues, you know the type). It just feels like the decent thing to do, when people are so kind as to leave comments and critiques on my work (I always appreciate a helping hand :] )

Intonater
12-22-2003, 01:45 AM
Outstanding work! I really like it.

cyrenevjacob
12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Gorgeous work! Absolutely beautiful!! Everything is so perfect! I wish we could work on some projects together!!:thumbsup:

cyrenevjacob
12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Gorgeous work! Absolutely beautiful!! Everything is so perfect! I wish we could work on some projects together!!:thumbsup:

killeratti
12-24-2003, 01:46 AM
i like the sad and pensive mood in the pic.nice work

greyhat
01-13-2004, 12:00 AM
really nice... i love the pattern on the stone pillar...

I didn´t know that there are so many swedes in this place ..

alexyork
01-14-2004, 01:10 PM
A masterwork.

You are up there with the best, withot a doubt.

Lovely to see such expressive, emotional pieces on here.

Really very nice indeed.

I wonder what the old masters of previous centuries would say if they saw the work being produced these days.

DoLeeP
02-12-2004, 11:40 PM
:thumbsup: just amazing

RoseRedDragoon
02-13-2004, 02:22 AM
I love it, but then..I always love your art. :bowdown:

This one has great mood to it, and the way you did the birds wings looks like hes actually flying.

You inspire me to paint....gar.

RaresH
08-31-2004, 04:13 PM

No need to be shy. Youre work is very nice.

habashart
10-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Dear Ms. Bergkvist,

I am new here in CGtalk, but after studying your work in (dartiste), I must say its an honor to write you. I felt you're telling my life story in your Bio, same history...see, I LOVE fairytales. for me they're what left I remember from my childhood and they certainly are shaping my future. the way you met the computer, your drawing software and switching from writing to painting back and fro...I was smiling as I read, it was like reading a self-criticism article. my point is I read it and I got this enormous energy to paint...I would never reach this without knowing you... Thank you very much. you're my number one artist and I'm your number one Fan.

remcv8
09-18-2005, 02:44 AM
It's been a while since you recieved any reply from this post, but thought that I would add in a little.

I was scrolling through some of your posts and this one caught my attention. I first peeked at the picture and then moved on, and just before I clicked on the next post I asked myself a question. "Was the girl in that picture, dead?" Vulture, lady with pale skin, and melonchaly color scheme....Hmm? Gotta go back. I looked at it for a while and thought "maybe not" then I read your little story that went with the pic.

Wow!!!

Amazing work!!!

You've just now become another favorite artist of mine. You've also taught me alot in your work and your amazing tutorials.

Thanks for the inspiration and amazing images that I can get lost in!

remcv8

CGTalk Moderation
09-18-2005, 02:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.