PDA

View Full Version : Query nurbsCurve CV Hardness

f3rry
11-15-2012, 02:51 AM
Hi, does anyone know how to query nurbsCurve CV hardness please?

I got a curve with some CVs made hard (pointy). I want to do something only on those CVs.

Thanks all

F

Nyro
11-15-2012, 12:59 PM
This should be trivial, but I'm finding the whole concept of CV 'hardness' as represented through 'multiplicity' very confusing. I hate nurbs...

anyhow, in theory you should be able to simply query each CV's hardness, or multiplicity, with the same command that you used to set it in the first place:

hardenPointCurve -query -multiplicity nurbsObject.cv[n];

if you get "-1" it would be a hard CV, no?

The problem I run into is that I can't even properly get the CVs to become 'hard' at all in my test curve... I've read the description of surrounding CVs needing a multiplicity of 1 for any CV to have a mult' of more than 1, and still... nothing works as expected.

Half the time I can't get the command to create the hardenPoint node necessary to run the query. The points are hardened, but the node doesn't exist (though Construction HIstory is on...).

The other idea would have been to query the hardenPoint node's .index attribute, but no luck their either...

f3rry
11-16-2012, 06:24 AM
If you created a 3 degree curve, you cannot harden the first 2 and the last 2 CVs. Try it with any points in between.

I tried hardenPointCurve -query -multiplicity nurbsObject.cv[n];
and always return "No object was specified to query ". Thats why I do not understand at all.

Nyro
11-16-2012, 10:35 AM
I tried hardenPointCurve -query -multiplicity nurbsObject.cv[n];
and always return "No object was specified to query ". Thats why I do not understand at all.

I know. It only works if a hardenPoint node is present. But I don't know how to get Maya to create that node in conjunction with the hardenPointCurve command, even with construction history on. Maybe its a bug, I don't know.

zaskar
11-16-2012, 11:09 AM
This query command only checks the attribute .multiplicity of a connected hardenPoint node. But wouldnt it suffice to check if a edit point has exactly the same location as a control point?

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2012, 11:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.