PDA

View Full Version : fR4 GPU Vid on IES, Standard and Photometric Lights!

MKabesh
11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
A video preview on various lights support by fR4 GPU:

http://www.cebas.org/blog/

More is coming soon :)

Regards,
cebas Team

yolao
11-14-2012, 05:35 PM
You guys are doing a fantastic work!;)

Some questions please.

1-What`s that trueHybrid thing?..., is it GPU/CPU rendering like other renders on the market (arion for example)?

2- If you guys are going to be using an hybrid GPU/CPU for rendering i suppose there will be not limitation with the amount of textures and geometry that you can use.., right?

3-What video cards are you using for the demos?.., mainly for the room class demo?

4-Are you going to have a hair shader and an skin shader on FinalRender 4GPU?

5-Are you going to have subdivision at render time?

6-What`s the aprox. date for release?

Thanks
Best Regards

Edwin Braun
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
You guys are doing a fantastic work!;)

Some questions please.
1-What`s that trueHybrid thing?..., is it GPU/CPU rendering like other renders on the market (arion for example)?
2- If you guys are going to be using an hybrid GPU/CPU for rendering i suppose there will be not limitation with the amount of textures and geometry that you can use.., right?
3-What video cards are you using for the demos?.., mainly for the room class demo?
4-Are you going to have a hair shader and an skin shader on FinalRender 4GPU?
5-Are you going to have subdivision at render time?
6-What`s the aprox. date for release?

Thanks
Best Regards

1 - No it is not like anything you know. It has nothing to do with CPU/GPU for a GPU rendering. It is the opposite the CPU gets GPU added.... as I mentioned in another post I will soon show some things about this mode and explain it a bit more.
2 - yes no limitation as it will be a "CPU" rendering
3- This is a stone age Quadro 5000 anything else now is much faster ...
4- I lost all my hair in this business....
5- Hmm its on our endless list of things we would want to see...
6- see answer 4 !

-ed

yolao
11-14-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks Edwin. So CPU gets GPU, interesting!.

1-I don`t know much about video cards, but will a Gforce GTX 470 be faster than a quadro 5000?

2-One of the things that i always look when a new render technology comes out is, along with the quality of course, the speed. What new things are you guys bringing to the table on the speed side?

Thanks again.
Best Regards

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2012, 11:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.