PDA

View Full Version : Quadro 4000 is it worth $1000or stick with 480GTX

gretone
11-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Hi guys i hope u can help me with this.

Sorry for my English guys its not my main language.

I have a client that i make for him very high detail models (jewelry) i cant use any kind of bump map because he prints the models out with a 3d printer very high res printer for casting/molding gold and silver and my computer cant keep up. I have a CPU Q6600 2.4 GHz
8 GB DDR2 of ram and GTX 480 on Asus Striker 2 Formula Motherboard its and old PC i know but it was good till now.The card can take with Maya 2013 viewport 2.0 5 million polys at a 24 frame rate of course this is if u just move the camera around but if u select something it just stuck for a few seconds (depends on the poly count) Don't even ask about default Viewport its bad for the same model it gives 0.1 frame rate its useless . I cant change the whole PC now but i can change the Gpu i thoat about the Quadro 4000 its not that expensive and the client wants to pay for it of course in exchange of bunch of models because i cant afforded now. My question is it worth to buy a the Quadro it will make big change with this old system.

By the way guys the 3d printer is amazing its so cool that u can see Ur work and touch it its very high quality and very expensive its 100,00 thousand dollars expensive.

CGTalk Moderation
11-14-2012, 05:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.