PDA

View Full Version : MSN Messenger/Delete unused contacts???

wgreenlee1
12-07-2003, 07:16 AM
Ive looked everywhere...:rolleyes:
some pples on there i havent talked to in years
i try adding them and everything but i cant get it to delete them

Privacy>"<<allow,block>>"
I click on them to delete and its grayed out
i add them to the Allow list and then i still cant delete them
i add them and then try to delete them from the main interface of msn,cant do it
i searched for answers to this in ms database,found nothing
i looked on my hard drives for any clue of these contact lists(.ctt)cant find them anywhere

does anyone know where these ctt files are
ive looked high and low and still nothing:surprised

please...i must take care of this...i only have two contacts but you know...its bugging me that i can still these pples i havent seen in years....lol:scream:
its like ok....i can leave them there.but its the point of it...its become my lifes mission to get rid of these pples..lol,at least their names from this list

many thx to anyone that can help me......:thumbsup:

quinox
12-07-2003, 08:47 AM
1) your story is a bit confusing ^_^
2) Contacts aren't stored on your (local) harddisk, but on a main MSN Messenger server
3) If you want to remove people, you have to remove them from a) your allow list b) forward list
4) People will still be on your Reverse list, you can't do anything about them since this one contains all the users that have added you to their contact list.

Did this answer your question (a bit) ?

wgreenlee1
12-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by quinox

4) People will still be on your Reverse list, you can't do anything about them since this one contains all the users that have added you to their contact list.

Did this answer your question (a bit) ?

thats what i was thinking...maybe they still have me on their contact list but everytime i add them they dont show as online
i guess i will send them a email saying to remove me or whatever

ok thanks,yes i thought something was funny because i couldnt find the .ctt file on my computer

thx again

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.