PDA

View Full Version : Bloodspatter

nhytro
12-06-2003, 09:17 PM
Hi guys! Could someone show me how to do "Bisley" style boodspattes in photoshop?

Thanks

Ian Jones
12-06-2003, 11:45 PM
I don't know what a Bisley style bloodspat looks like. You need to show us an example image of what you are trying to achieve.

theGuest
12-08-2003, 12:10 AM
Do you mean "Simon Bisley" the cg artist?

Either way, a sample would be the easiest way to go here.

:bounce:

gmask
12-08-2003, 12:30 AM
I think Simon uses traditional mediums .. I would make something like this by using india ink splattered on paper and then scanning it.

Ian Jones
12-08-2003, 01:57 AM
Whatever the case, you shouldn't need to emulate his style exactly. Yeah, indian ink is useful as is any other painterly splats.

nhytro
12-08-2003, 09:00 AM
Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I meant, in actual fact, Simon Bisley. Im not much of a natural medium guy, dot even have the time. But I noticed there are some guys that do a great job in replicating natural media strokes in Photoshop. Thats the reason why I thought of asking here.

Ill try to post an example.

Hari
12-08-2003, 02:55 PM
i dont know what "bisley" style blood is but..one of the best ways to do blood (in photoshop) is to make a random selection using the lasso tool, fill it with a darkish red colour then set the blendin mode to colour burn..this should give u a good base for u to work. rest is up to u, study how blood flows from photos...usually what i do is use the smudge tool to drag it around and then blur the edges so that it kinda dissapears towards the end.

hope u understood what i was trying to tell

XLNT-3d
12-08-2003, 03:49 PM
I work in forensics. I had a book with differ blood splatter patterns. It's used by investigators to get an idea of what and how it happened. It based on weapons and other stuff. It was really creepy. It did look like ink splatters and stuff. These were documented from actual photos though. I'll see if I can find the book.

eevilmouse
12-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Dont underestamate the Use of Traditional Media with Computer media. I Often will flip back and forth from Pen and Paper (ink and Paint) then Scan it in and edit it in photoshop. Many times I have found that you save time with "real" effects, instead of trying to duplicate them in Photoshop

XLNT-3d
12-08-2003, 09:20 PM
It's usually faster and has a more natural feel too. Besides, you should get a little dirty every now and then to remember the basis for all this computer stuff.

It's probably way "overkill", but here's a link to multiple links of blood splatter analysis. I'm sure you will just do what looks good, but if you have an insanity for detail and accuracy, you might be able to get some good references from these sites. They explain different surface patterns and what the splatter means.

Here ya go; http://www.castleviewuk.com/Frameless/Forensics/blood_spatter.htm

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.