PDA

View Full Version : MEL - access the Factory Icon Browser in custom UI?

EdtheHobbit
11-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm working on a meta-programming exercise, and I'm wanting to add a button that opens the Factory Icon Browser (available from a button in the shelfEditor)...

the shelfEditor itself is built through python, and the button in the shelfEditor won't return a command when queried. Any thoughts?

EdtheHobbit
11-08-2012, 09:49 PM
It appears that what I'm looking for is the resourceBrowser -- which MEL does not have a simple equivalent to.

However, there is a MEL command called "resourceManager" which has all the major functionality built in - it returns a list of the internal icons.

I can build my own version of the Factory Icon Browser using it, but I'm hesitant. I don't like the idea that the resourceManager ONLY returns icon names -- I'm guessing that it is meant to do a lot more.

EdtheHobbit
11-11-2012, 03:03 AM
resourceManager works fine, I just filter in the results with .xpm, .png, or .svg extensions. If anyone's interested, I'll post the code up here when I get a chance.

CGTalk Moderation
11-11-2012, 03:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.