PDA

View Full Version : wacom acting up

Synkronizer
11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Hi folks,

My Wacom Intuos3 has recently developed a strange quirk. When I draw a stroke and lift my pen from the tablet, the stroke continues for a small time, as if my pen is still on the tablet.

I don't think it has to do with the drivers because when I uninstal them the problem remains...
It's also not a Photoshop issue because the same thing happens when I drag windows around in my operating system (windows 7).

I also disabled tablet PC input mode and stopped the local service.

The back end of my pen doesn't have this problem... Is my pen broken?

tswalk
11-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I've experienced the same issue.. really annoying.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the drivers or sensitivity. I'm currently using 6.2.w5 version of them on windows 7 x64 and have noticed this a lot in Photoshop.

I've also noticed that if you open wacom tablet properties > about > diagnose... you can hold the pen about an inch away from the surface and move the cursor around... lol

Synkronizer
11-08-2012, 10:46 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the wacom drivers since the problem remains when I uninstall them, as described in the OP. Maybe the underlying windows drivers?

Even when all windows7 tablet input options are disabled, the problem remains, so that can't be the issue either...

This is incredibly annoying and it's preventing me from going full speed... I hate it!

Synkronizer
11-09-2012, 12:15 AM
It is as if windows doen't receive an end signal in time.

Meloncov
11-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Have you tried replacing the pen nib? A bent nib could cause that problem.

imashination
11-12-2012, 08:54 AM
pull the nib out with your teeth, clean the nib and the hole, put it (or a new one) back in

Synkronizer
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
OK, I'll try that. I'll let you know the results. Thanks!

Synkronizer
11-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Allright! Just replaced the nib. All anomalies are gone!
Thanks Imashination and Meloncov!

tswalk
11-16-2012, 11:25 PM
thanks for reporting back Synk...

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2012, 11:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.