PDA

View Full Version : Problem with polyBlindData node vertex data extraction using nodes

benio33
11-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I have a problem with extracting Blind Data from a vertex using nodes ... I ran out of ideas - please help!

Here is my situation. I have blind data on vertexes of object pSphere1 on my mesh. Let's take vertex id 201 for example, and the blind data hidden there is 0.8. I want this data to scale my locator of name locator1. This script does exactly what I want it to do:

$objName = "pSphere1"; $vertId = 201;
$holdBlindData = `polyQueryBlindData -id 0 -sc ($objName + ".vtx[" + $vertId + "]")`;
$scaleVal = $holdBlindData[1];
locator1.scaleX = $scaleVal;
locator1.scaleY = $scaleVal;
locator1.scaleZ = $scaleVal;

The thing is it is very slow for the whole mesh and doesn't update when blind data changes, so I decided to use nodes for the task ... and I'm stuck! Here is what I came up with:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8906/mayablinddataextraction.jpg

I don't know what to feed into polyBlindData node so the node returns blind data of vertex 201. I can do it manually and connect each data by hand (or with script), but this is not what I need. Perfect solution would be if I could connect something like a solid color ramp node with a value of 201, that picks a vertex 201 from the polyBlindData node, and passes it's value to the locator1 scale value.

Any help will be much appreciated!
Thank you!

CGTalk Moderation
11-07-2012, 04:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.