PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about morph

AmirP
12-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Hey everyone, I think its one of my first posts in cgtalk, mite even be the first one :) , someone told me the lightwave forum in cgtalk rocks, so any way heres my question.

I modeled an object in modeler, then I created a new morph map and changed it, Now I need to open this object in layout and make sure that the morph map loads first , meaning that the first thing you will see is the morph map and not the original model, I cant use the morph mixer to do this. Is there any way of doing this ?

telamon
12-07-2003, 02:22 AM
morph mixer. at frame 0 set your morph at 100 %, create a key. save the scene and this works fine.

AmirP
12-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Yeah this will work fine, but im looking for a way to make the Morph map the base map, Im working on a project at work and the art department opens the files with modeler, and they wont know theres a morph map, I cant tell them because im usually not there when they are

evenflcw
12-07-2003, 08:17 PM
To trade places between an endomorph and the base state simply use Apply Morph command. First, with the base state active, apply the morph with 100%. Then with the morph active, apply the morph _to itself_ with -200%. (That's -100% to counter the 100% first applied to the base, cause whatever affects the base affects the morphs. And -100% a second time to cancel out the morph itself so it looks like the previous base).

AmirP
12-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Ok it works :beer:

Thanks alot, I tryed it with someone at work before, but we didnt know how to use it so it didnt work for us, so now its working great, again Thanks alot :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.