PDA

View Full Version : Firewire Backup Drives

Tom Wood
12-06-2003, 04:42 PM
A video array that is acting up has led me to want to add an external hard drive. I seem to remember people recommending a type where the 'container' for the external drive was attached, and individual hard drives could be swapped in and out of it out as needed. But the fine folks at CompUSA gave me that 'quizzical' look and backed away.:shrug:

I like the concept of swapping smaller drives rather than a single huge drive, that itself could lunch and lose data. Can anyone point me to a system that works this way?

Thanks,

TW

roguenroll
12-06-2003, 05:23 PM
I get my HD swap hardware from compusa, if its the same as you mean, I love them, and wouldnt backup without them.

I backup a fully bootable, exact copy of the drive I copy.

I use Ghost to do in combination with the housing drawers, and HD case.

easy as pie.

R

aurora
12-07-2003, 12:01 AM
This is one area that I never have problems with. My dad designs and tests HD's. They always set aside WAY to many for gold testing. When they are done with the tranisitions and gold testing phase its a free for all on the left over drives! I think I have more drives then CD's for backups laying around. Now if only I could do that with RAM :(

Locutus
12-07-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by aurora
This is one area that I never have problems with. My dad designs and tests HD's. They always set aside WAY to many for gold testing. When they are done with the tranisitions and gold testing phase its a free for all on the left over drives! I think I have more drives then CD's for backups laying around. Now if only I could do that with RAM :(
Oh man, share the wealth!
:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.