PDA

View Full Version : Wave file for expression?

Alouette
12-06-2003, 03:08 PM
hi everybody

Is it possible to use a wave file( or another extension..!) as an expression

eg: I want to translate a sequence on x channel using the variation of a sound. the result will be like a vibration..

thx.

(xcuse my poor english) :blush:

dg
12-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Yep, you have to use Motionmath for that, check the AE manuals to get more info on the procedure, motion math is cool and simple to use.

I hope this helps,
See ya!

Alouette
12-06-2003, 03:19 PM
thx a lot diogo

i gonna have a look on the manual.

dg
12-06-2003, 04:07 PM
In the cds that come with AE has some exemples as well, one of them uses a audio file to drive the scale of a 2d animated character mouth. Motion Math is hell cool!

See ya!

Ian Jones
12-06-2003, 11:39 PM
erm... correct me if I'm totally wrong, but I believe that motion math has been removed from AE6 and Expressions now offer all the previous power plus more. You can generate keyframe information about the audio levels of an audio track with AE6, you then use that data and either pick-whip it to create an expression that drives another parameter or write your own expression. Check the AE help files for more info.

Alouette
12-07-2003, 08:32 AM
Thx a lot for yor reply
i'm still running on the 5.5 version.
i should have a look on the 6.
It look great and easier .

thx again.

dg
12-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Yeah that's true AE 6 don't have Motion Math anymore, but I also still with version 5.5. Well one more thing to learn then ;)

See ya!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.