PDA

View Full Version : XSI Fanatic!

wmendez
06-15-2002, 04:04 AM
http://members.rogers.com/wmendez/XSITAT1.jpg

I've been straddling the Lightwave XSI fence for over a month now and have now fallen to one side.

Vic3k
06-15-2002, 05:39 AM
i will be the next one :) but not soon, maybe in a year, unless i will not totally sink into xsi's dark powers in the next few months.

<------------- see this? :)

wmendez
06-15-2002, 05:46 AM
I hear that:beer:

Vic3k
06-15-2002, 08:30 AM
btw what part of the body is this tatoo on? it seems like a mix between ass, shoulder and who knows what else. :):beer:

wmendez
06-15-2002, 02:26 PM
Chest

Barracuda
06-15-2002, 07:05 PM
absolutely wicked! :xtreme: but why it is red?

Vic3k
06-15-2002, 08:41 PM
you should have told the guy to make it blueish white with some caustics. though red is very stricking! :beer: :beer: :beer: i love you man, just for that heroic gesture

dmonk
06-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Tell me thats not real?:hmm:

arvid
06-16-2002, 01:57 AM
yes, tell us something! :D

why red? is it for real? a small black logo somewhere perhaps but a huge RED one on your chest i dont understand, sorry :p

wmendez
06-16-2002, 03:12 AM
I would have liked it similar to my Avatar but my complexion is not too light (spanish guy here) so I did not know how it would turn out.

I choose red becuase it's the primary color that Softimage uses on it's website, advertising, and Software box.

Marquis
06-16-2002, 04:21 AM
:eek: Damn Will, you trippin boy!:eek:
Seriously though....XSI is awesome man...I love it too!
Too Sweet.
Cheers

EdHarriss
06-17-2002, 02:10 PM
Amazing Will!

marton
06-18-2002, 07:17 AM
thats just stupid. why didn't you just staple the logo to your head and stick your finger in a power socket.

raffael3d
06-18-2002, 08:52 AM
take it easy, everybody can decide for hinself.:)

EdHarriss
06-18-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by marton
thats just stupid. why didn't you just staple the logo to your head and stick your finger in a power socket.
While you are entitled to your opinion, you could use a little more tact when posting it. Wording it the way you did isn't very constructive.

wmendez
06-18-2002, 01:37 PM
To each his own...Taken with a grain of salt

yakari
06-18-2002, 08:00 PM

... the armpit mafia strikes again. :shame:

ToddD
06-19-2002, 03:22 AM
Man, if you keep getting big tatoos of every product you like, you're going to look like a NASCAR! :eek:

biglebowsky
06-19-2002, 10:59 PM
Next step will be : AW, and Discreet ???
Your brave man!!! thats realy great:thumbsup:

wmendez
06-20-2002, 03:02 AM
Sorry No AW or Discreet..:D My original Tat was to show up those Fake Maya Tattoo ad's.

marton
06-20-2002, 07:35 AM
i stand by what i said. it's just silly for anyone to be a human billboard for what ever company and not get paid for it. i'm sure avid would be well pleased.

will might be a wonderful human being, what i said has nothing to do with that.

XSeye
06-20-2002, 10:50 AM
this is a cool discussion ... but ... well ... for me this picture is a clear fake =)

a little bit to glossy in the center ;)

but nice try.

raffael3d
06-20-2002, 12:28 PM
i stand by what i said. it's just silly for anyone to be a human billboard for what ever company and not get paid for it. i'm sure avid would be well pleased.

I disagree. nobody is FORCED to do it, it's a free decision, and I don't think that they are bilboards, it's just that they identifies themselves with the product. I do that too, but that's no reason for me to add a tatoo, rather to set up a page or something like that.:)

wmendez
06-20-2002, 02:20 PM
XSeye:

go here if you doubt it http://www.stephanedube.com/tattoo2.htm it's glossy because I have to keep it lubed.

Mortan:

I here what your saying, In the long run its a Tattoo something the general public will not know unless they are in the industry. most will just see it as a cool design just like the artist that inked me.

XSeye
06-20-2002, 02:25 PM
ok ... just testing =)

yakari
06-20-2002, 05:49 PM

Wow, Nike, Fila and the lot must be shelling out some major loot to Average Joe. 'Cause they wouldn't want silly customers. :)
See, like it's been said before, it's nothing wrong with having your personal opinion about something, and I'd be the first one to defend the right to voice (type) that opinion freely. It's just a matter of how it's voiced (typed) that decides if it's coming from a member of the Armpit Mafia or not.

That said, I just called Spielberg buttslush in another thread. I'll shut up now.

Iain McFadzen
06-20-2002, 08:44 PM
lol

That's the best thing I have seen in ages, you really are a king amongst geeks. I am so glad I am not you, but so glad there are people like you in the world to entertain me :)

Atyss
06-20-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by XSeye
this is a cool discussion ... but ... well ... for me this picture is a clear fake =)

a little bit to glossy in the center ;)

but nice try.

No it's not a fake. Having been tattooed myself (no, not with the XSI logo) and having many friends tattooed, this is absolutely normal. Will just got tattooed like a week ago.

Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

marton
06-22-2002, 03:15 AM
Wow, Nike, Fila and the lot must be shelling out some major loot to Average Joe. 'Cause they wouldn't want silly customers.

yakari. you're making my point.

Blaze
07-13-2002, 04:19 AM
Well, for your sake I sure hope XSI doesn't come out with a new logo any time soon!

What made you decide to brand yourself with a corporate logo?? I don't see the sense in this...:surprised

wmendez
07-13-2002, 04:33 AM
If they do I'll still have the original. I did it because im into tattoo's, 3D, and find XSI to be an amazing application with a great future and wanted to show my dedication to it. As I mentioned earlier on in this thread the logo is a cool design alone, so none industry folks would just look at it as that.

RickW
07-13-2002, 05:29 PM
Will,

I hear ya about the cool design. We see tattoos of celtic writing that are bands around peoples arm, etc. To the rest of us it looks like a cool design but it may even be someones logo? Who knows.

Either way it's your body, do what you like. Don't worry about what people think.

If I didn't know it was the XSI logo then I would say, yeah it's a cool design. However since I know it's the logo I say.....Wow you really love XSI! :)

Enjoy it.

wmendez
07-13-2002, 10:04 PM
Thanks Rick!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.