PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle : Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R

naga
12-06-2003, 12:52 PM
after many many hours of modeling and countless hours of rendering and tweaking viola!
best car i've made so far mmm
no interior coz i intend to animate this thing to race with my 350z and r33 =]
modeled in rhino3d
then exported to 3dsmax

http://rk.qgl.org/29.jpg
http://rk.qgl.org/31.jpg

crits and comments welcome =]

kyle_tdr
12-06-2003, 01:00 PM
Very nice work, ive been looking at you pics for at least 10 mins now and i cant find anything to crit. :wavey:

Good work

pZion
12-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Extremely nice...
Only thing is the front blinkers... They are orange, not white. ;)

mwkmn
12-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Wow, this is one of the well done skylines I've ever seen modeled...

I agree with pZion about the blinkers...they look kinda odd.
Fix that, and there's the winner ;)

retrovision
12-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Awesome work dude. Im surprised so few people have commented. :shrug:

XLIFE
12-06-2003, 03:58 PM
there is nothing wrong with this R34 and ima skyline fanatic .. i give it up to this this is the best skyline i seen modeled in my whole life .. 5stars

holosynthetic
12-06-2003, 04:41 PM
the best skyline i've seen, i own rhino and this makes me want to get back into using the program

honestly this is wonderful man

by the way, how did you import the model into max? regular IGES export / import, converted it to mesh first, or power translator?

Wonker
12-06-2003, 04:46 PM
This is amazing.

The only thing I can thing about it, is the windows on the car. Obviously you want them darkened down, but you can almost always see some kind of translucency.

Brilliant work though!

mwkmn
12-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Why don't you try adding just a minor-detailed interior, so that the silhouetts (sp?) of the things like seats and steering wheels can be seen? it'll look a lot better...
...However if that adds too much to the rendertime (considering you're making the animation) I guess you'll just leave it as is now...

danger_duck
12-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Very nice! certainately one of the best cars ive seen modelled :)
And i agree about trying to model a simple interior, it will look better...
but if the render time does increase too much then i guess it isnt a problem :)

Dean

naga
12-07-2003, 12:32 PM
i did a composite in my carport lol
http://rk.qgl.org/carport-gtr2.jpg

mmm i might make an interior later on
notsure atm

the front blinkers i can't seem to get the bumpmap working
they render fine close up
but when i move the camera further
they become as if there's no bumpmap
i'm using vray advanced

umm holosynthetic i export into 3ds format using rhinos mesh approximater thing

kyle_tdr
12-07-2003, 01:06 PM
That composite is amazing although it really would look out of this world if you gave it an interior. Still good work, no amazing work!

PCollier
12-07-2003, 01:15 PM
hehe great composite!

Very nice modeling, well done.

wgreenlee1
12-07-2003, 03:43 PM
excellent modeling of course
i like the enviroment/lighting but i think you shouldve went with some plian white primative planes over the model to light it
the way you have it now makes the reflections/spectaculars look funky,like the direction of the light is weird

very cool model and the metallic paint looks ok but the flakes should be way smaller...unless those are rendering artifacts

Pete81
12-07-2003, 04:21 PM
Wow this is really good :drool:. Nothing to crit. Can you show wire rendering to us? How did you export the model from rhino to 3dsmax?

FUG1T1VE
12-07-2003, 05:16 PM
the average person might not know its a 3d render on the picture, well the windows might give it away. I think I know what you mean abou the map on the blinkers cause its also visible on the red light near the rear plates. or maybe thats how it is, one red and one white. and since the car is going to be animated Id suggest some wear and tear on the brakes. they are way too shiny. show some wires. :) Any particular area you had trouble modeling?

Duffman
12-07-2003, 08:02 PM
Fantastic work for the most part, however the tires are much too glossy for my liking, the end of the hood where it meets the windshield looks bumpy, and finally, you committed the worst crime known to 3D car modellers..... you left out the windshield wipers!! :banghead:

But otherwise, well done.

naga
12-07-2003, 10:08 PM
wires
http://rk.qgl.org/r34-ffwire.jpg
http://rk.qgl.org/r34-rrwire.jpg

ye the whole car i had trouble with
required a lot of forward thinking
the way the roof connects to the boot/rear qtr panel is odd
and the front bar was modeled in quite an odd way lol

i had over 100 reference images lol
and quite a few high res ones i took myself
but they were of a GTT

Solarix
12-08-2003, 12:48 AM
that skyline......owns.

It just looks incredibly awesome. I must admit, though, you really could add an interior. that would look sooo kewl. the rest of the car's perfect. ^_^

it's just....yeah.....awesome....great work, naga!

~S

and its a R-34 GTR too!:p

PureFire
12-08-2003, 01:45 AM
The only thing you missed is adding some negative camber to the wheels. Theyre too striaght at the moment :D

Awesome work.

Akira2506
12-21-2003, 08:52 PM
WoW. This is in the top 2-3 skylines ive seen modelled on the net. Extreemely nitpicking I have discovered the following:

V.Spec I / V.Spec II issues.

V.Spec I:
Orange Blinkers
Clean hood
"Skyline" at the rear is stuck-on lettering

V.Spec II:
White Blinkers
Air intake on hood
"Skyline" at the rear is embossed
"V.Spec II" is written under the right brake-lights in silver vynal, approx 2cm tall.

Also; you're missing windscreen wipers and the water jets on the hood.

So, you need to decide wether this is V.Spec I or II, and sort out teh details accordingly. Also the water jets and wipers would make this complete.

This is a top top model; my critique is EXTREEMELY nitpicky, and only there to help u get the best outta this mesh!
I know this car pretty damn well, I modelled it myself; and you got every single curve correct. The only body work I think is SLIGHTLY off is where the front bumper meets the wheel arch, but ur attempt beats mine hands down. :bowdown:

Nice mesh!

-Akira

JDMedia
12-22-2003, 10:42 AM
You got a nice car there! Any tuts that can help me make such nice rims for my car???

AttilaD
12-22-2003, 12:35 PM
i just love it, its my next car i going to build

winberg
12-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Damn, you beat me to it....I am currently modelling the same car..
Nice job, Looking forward to seeing an animation..

Have you tried to make a blue one.?

-Tom

EighthDecay
12-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Nice work man, you did a amazing amount of detail there, I was always thinking of building one of these in Rhino also.

sabaman
12-22-2003, 05:42 PM
love it, very nicely modeled and love your renders,...

cameltoe
12-23-2003, 01:31 PM
very nice model you got there.

I saw some real R34s in HK last week, i didn't like it before, now i love this car.

how did you setup the photo composite?

I always amazed by how people do that.

take care, you should get some stars there, i don't know what they are doing.

Cod
12-23-2003, 01:47 PM
I'm absolutely speechless. Stellar piece of work!

RogerM3D
12-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Very nicely done modeling and shader usage.
Only possible crit I have is on the brakes, they appear to be both the same size on the front and the back, generally cars have bigger front disks (may want to sort that out) and idk if you would be able to really tell at that distance, but shouldn't they be cross drilled or slotted :rolleyes: :p

naga
12-24-2003, 11:01 AM
lol akira i always dislike modeling wipers too hard to get reference

umm this is sposed to be a non vspec lol
btw i'm pretty sure all the gtrs have skyline embossed on the rear

cameltoe: for the composit i used a christmas ball and photographed my own HDR environment to give vague reflections and also for HDRI lighting
then i took a couple normal shots and matched the camera angle in 3dsmax and created a matte floor to collect shadows

haha wow
sabaman and winberg!
i'm a big fan of both ur car models!!

umm i have an early render of my attempt to get bayside blue material
http://rk.qgl.org/19.jpg
http://rk.qgl.org/18.jpg

HeliosDoubleSix
01-02-2004, 04:55 PM
I think the reflections on the car need work, it doesn't have any strong highlights or reflections. Though maybe you don't want it to ;)

JDMedia
01-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Please explain to me how you made the Silver looking material??? Thanks!

naga
01-05-2004, 03:16 AM
i used vrays shaders together with shellac lol
base is grey with blurry reflection
glossiness = 0.65
the highlight material is reflection with glossiness of 1
so it looks like u've got 2 layers of paint
(well supposed to anyway)

The Deej
01-05-2004, 04:18 AM
looks nice

shouldn't there a bigger gap at the base of the windshield for where the windshield wipers go?

just the opinion of someone who can't come close to this kind of detail
:bowdown:

Lautreamont
01-05-2004, 07:21 AM
very nice modeling and perfect renders, i like the the reflections very much. nothing to crit. congrats :applause: :applause: :applause:

DanielIser
01-14-2004, 07:10 AM
Beautiful man, just beautiful. I am currently modelling a MClaren F1 and have several other models already one but not yet textured. Do you know of any tutorials on how to make a reallistic paint job like the one you have there? If not any chances on you makin a short one for me and all the rest of us not quite as far along as your highness! But back to the car, no probs seen here!

graffb
01-14-2004, 07:51 AM
I love the car paint! Very very nice metallic paint!
But the glass ... i don't no ... not real!

Keep it up!

DanielIser
01-17-2004, 05:01 AM
Whats up with the one red and one white lights on the back bumper next to the tag location????

MemoNono
01-17-2004, 05:55 AM
ok man anyway good work, but I see some pionts in the image you should fix it as a glass appearance and reflection, also the tires have an exaggerated speculer.
good work

Sqwall
01-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Well Well Well. Finally someone to do a decent model of my favorite car.. I was considering to start modeling one by myself but I think this one is decent enough to make me reconsider my actions..

Man I love your model itís gorgeous.

I will trash my work of my R34 and start building R33 or R32....

I am curious are you going to made and JGTC model of this fabulous model...

A Pennzoil version or Calsonic or maybe a Xanavi or Arta one..

So much ideas so little time :rolleyes:

Keep up good the good work man. ;)

Sqwall
01-17-2004, 08:00 AM
Man here are some images to explore.

I hope they will inspire your creativity to do a JGTC version of your R34.

http://www.ethava.com/~sqwall/XANAVI_friend.jpg

The images are taken form GT4 Prologue art disc... and the copyright is regardless to Polyphony Digital and SCE.

oveis86
01-17-2004, 07:16 PM
GREEEEAAAAAAT model!!
and nice composite...
would you please tell me how did you get the texture?

thank u

oveis86
01-17-2004, 07:20 PM
:surprised

sorry... didn't see the same question up there!!

dansgarbage
01-17-2004, 08:00 PM
looks amazing. The only thing that you need to show is a bit of the interior. Maybe just the front seats.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.