PDA

View Full Version : Still: Motorola V60

xn3ct
12-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Here's an image i just finished, that i've been working on for quite some time. Modelling was done in maya and compositing in photoshop.

Enjoy!

http://www.winuharc.home.ro/imagini/motorola%20fluid.jpg

Tuga_3D
12-06-2003, 09:45 AM
please check your link! cant see!

:wavey:

kyle_tdr
12-06-2003, 01:04 PM
I uploaded the pic to my server, hope you dont mind but you can see it now

http://mysite.freeserve.com/serverweb/Pics/motorolafluid.jpg

By the way its very nice

Zack
12-06-2003, 07:48 PM
nery nice

xn3ct
12-07-2003, 10:27 AM
kyle_tdr thanks, i was just looking for a server to upload to. by the way geocities suck. i owe you man.

wgreenlee1
12-07-2003, 03:37 PM
too dark and the phone should be bigger/closer

i like the design of it tho

stephen2002
12-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Looks like a maganize advertisment. Good work! Now turn it into a television advertisment (i.e. animate it) :)

xn3ct
12-08-2003, 10:13 AM
this image was intended to be a still, but i will test the waters with an animation in my spare time. :)

xaoei
12-08-2003, 11:09 AM
I am assuming that the ideal application of this advertisement would be print, and for that application it seems to serve it's purpose well. Good job! :thumbsup:

A few suggestions I have, that I think will improve the image quite a bit:

1. Similar to what wgreenlee1 said, I too feel that the phone should be much larger, as if this is an advertisement, the audience is going to want to see the phone in detail. It will also help to balance the composition a bit as well.

2. For some odd reason, the Motorola typo is looking a little wobbly, as if your leading is staggered or something. I'm not quite sure why this is , maybe the font you are using is a little messed up or something - but it is quite a bit distracting.

3. The 'fluid technology' font is quite a bit overused, and while it looks modern and progressive - it does so almost to the point of looking like it belongs on a science fiction movie. Do not underestimate the classic, simple, sans serif typefaces like Univers(yes, univers), DIN, or Helvetica. While there are many more similar, they have stood the test of time, and are perpetually used in print advertisements around the world.

4. I think that overall, the image isn't too dark, but lacks a fair amount of contrast - which is one of the most important components to design. Contrast will enable your image to take on impact - it will grab the viewers attention, and overall will enhance the professionalism of your image. It will unify and solidify things.

In order to give your image a bit more contrast, you need to include a more dynamic range of brightness, and an increased amount of contrast in your composition. I would suggest that you make the text white. The black ink / water splotches around the phone on top of the bright blue is a very good use of contrast, and works well.

Overall, the style of the image is very progressive and contemporary and I like it very much. :D Well done, and keep creating, you have a vivid and interesting style.

(Sorry for such a long post)

xn3ct
12-08-2003, 10:21 PM
thanks for your suggestions xaoei, they have been taken into account.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.