PDA

View Full Version : futuristic city impression

balistic
01-21-2002, 01:27 PM
http://www.bprince.com/SunTower.jpg

Just something I did last night while waiting for my laundry to dry. More concerned with mood than specifics.

mAje
01-21-2002, 02:19 PM
Actually imo. the mood is more like a industrial area or something, but still. very nice pic, great style.

toma
01-22-2002, 05:46 AM
HI,

I like it very much. I love the ambience of the colours.

Tell me when you start such a work, do you start by sketching on paper ? Or do you start from scratch with nothing special in mind ?

The way artists work gets me really interested.

Anyway i love it :)

balistic
01-25-2002, 01:48 PM
Thanks! I almost never start a digital painting from a pencil sketch. Sometimes I'll do a rough sketch in Painter because it has a nice pencil tool, but usually I just start laying down areas of color with a large brush in Photo-Paint. I try to define the overall mood in the first pass, without consideration for detail . . . as my figure painting teacher in school told me:

Always work from the general to the specific.

fellipe
01-25-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by balistic
as my figure painting teacher in school told me:

Always work from the general to the specific.

thats sooooo true.

hey balistic. i know you from other forums, like sijun and teamgt. i dont know if i said it already but this image is too cool. you got the "futuristic city" feeling right on the spot. i guess "cool" is the best word for this matte.

take care.

illustr8rX
01-27-2002, 03:08 AM
As always, great colors and composition...I love where it is going. That glow on the 'spire' is excellent. Very nice work Brian.
I've always admired your 3d landscapes, can't wait to see what you do with a 2d shot.
-don

Blackarts
01-29-2002, 11:13 AM
yup, the light hitting the tall tower is beautifuly done. I think some massive buildings wayyyy in the distance could loo pretty cool too..

-d.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.