PDA

View Full Version : CGChallenge XXVII - TEN - Alex Gibson

Sphereuk
10-31-2012, 03:01 PM
First of all, Hi everyone. Always wanted to do a competition on this site and decided why not start now!

At the moment i have a few ideas but this is the first one, i may have another go at a few others but unsure;

Description - Space Tether X
'Space Tether Ten (X) was made in 2657 and located on a distance region of space in the Armadion system to accommodate and appeal to the wealth and fame as a vacation home. Decades later, transport and accommodation to this sector has become far cheaper and more affordable making this location not just for the rich or famous but for anyone who wishes to visit. Tether 10 follows 9 others dotted all around the planet, offering stunning views and activities, however 10 (also known as the X tether) has been awarded and reviewed as the best for its location and natural cleansing properties within the soil and water.'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/sphereuk/SpaceTetherX.jpg

grumposaur
11-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Hello Sphereuk,

Nice job, I am quite partial to landscapes. I think you have a nice project coming along. Only issue I have is with the blurred foreground. Seems too meek, like an afterthought. At first glimpse of the image it just seems like unfinished smudges. When I stare for a few moments, they make sense, but at a glance they seem distracting. Maybe a bit more prominent?

Just my 2cents:)

Sphereuk
11-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello Sphereuk,

Nice job, I am quite partial to landscapes. I think you have a nice project coming along. Only issue I have is with the blurred foreground. Seems too meek, like an afterthought. At first glimpse of the image it just seems like unfinished smudges. When I stare for a few moments, they make sense, but at a glance they seem distracting. Maybe a bit more prominent?

Just my 2cents:)

Mmmm i can see where your coming from!, i will have a play around and see if i can come up with anything better, i did try this before but i will have another go!

Many Thanks =D

Sphereuk
11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Hmmm i am getting a second idea i am liking. Maybe some sort of space scene.

Second Story
I am liking an idea i came up with, with a barren planet which has 10 Orbiting satellites (man made) combining and beaming down some sort of energy beam to help Terra forming it and give the planet new life again. But i also like the idea of the satellites being used to destroy and crack the planet to harvest its core. So either a creation or destruction one.

Still deciding!

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.