PDA

View Full Version : Best masters coupled with BFA in 3D Animation??

DudeAndy
10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
Hey everyone!!

I'm currently in my 3rd year of the 3D Animation program at the University of Colorado Denver. I thoroughly enjoy it and am beginning to realize I'm much more technical oriented than artistic. I just recently began playing around with scripting and love it so far.

While a masters is a few years down the road (hopefully), it would behoove me to start gearing for one now, while I'm still in my undergraduate. Does anyone have any suggestions on which degree would be most beneficial for someone looking to be more suited with the technical side of the house? I was thinking something along the lines of a MS or ME in Computer Science.

Any positive suggestions are appreciated!!

fig
10-30-2012, 04:06 PM
You might check out the Viz Lab at Texas A&M, lots of TD's from Pixar, ILM, and other studios have come out of that program.

taxguy
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Check out School of Visual Arts in NY, Pratt Institute and Rochester Institute of Technology. All three have strong undergrad and grad programs and are very technical. In addition, they all have great industry connections especially SVA.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.