PDA

View Full Version : 3ds max vray rt vs production

slavke
10-30-2012, 03:20 AM
So I have been working on this interior scene of a house and have some difficulties with GI in production mode. I have setup and vray sun with default settings and used proper 2.2 gama work flow. I used vray camera to play with light settings and generally I increased film iso to get desired look. Now my problem is with vray rt my scene comes out properly lit compare to production render. It almost feels like the GI is not properly bounced around the scene. I used irradiance map for primary and light cache for secondary bounces like most people do. I will post renders to show you what I mean. Just want to hear what you guys think could be. I even hid the glass on windows thinking its blocking the light or something.

slavke
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
well I realised what is actually happening. I used separate plane lights on each window as sky portal. Now in vray rt gpu renders them as regular lights with 30 multiplier where in production they dont cast enough light from the outside sky. I don't know if there is a way to control intensity of sky portal but I will leave those lights as regular lights instead of sky portal. Gives much better results.

CGTalk Moderation
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.