PDA

View Full Version : Good Short Online Courses?

TheMzk
10-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Hey,
I'm Looking for online courses which are "Part-time" in Compositing/VFX,
Im looking for part time because i am 16, and i am still in school.
I think these courses will help me build my portfolio and prepare me for the admission process which i will have to undergo after i complete my school.
It shouldn't be too expensive. Can someone please help me out with this?

fig
10-29-2012, 05:33 PM
You might check out fxphd (http://fxphd.com/), pretty inexpensive and there's a wide variety of topics covered.

TheMzk
10-29-2012, 05:44 PM
I did check them out, but i was searching for more of a mentored kind of work, where i could get a project to do weekly and then get feedback on it.
Something like that.

fig
10-29-2012, 11:43 PM
If you get involved in the community at fxphd you can get feedback from other people on your work and the some of the instructors will respond to questions.

In general if you don't want to pay a lot, however, you can't expect too much feedback :) Good critiquing takes a lot of time.

TheMzk
10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Yup, I now think fxphd is good enough for now..
Everyone's saying that its great. I think ill join the Term which starts in January.
Thank You for your help :)

Jilmar
11-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Gnomon has a lot of new 10 weeks online training

Raven777
11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
You should check out http://www.3dbuzz.com/. They have some of the best tutorials on Maya and 3DS Max fundamentals, the tutorials were made 6 years ago but are still relevant and you can still learn tons from these videos since the basic principles in Maya haven't changed, I mastered Maya from their videos. And they are doing Live Classess as well, all of this you get for 35 dollars a month, and 350 dollars a year. You can stream all of their videos and all of the classes that have been recorded and you can participate in the new live classes. So far I participated in Maya 2013 101, ZBrush 101 and Maya Dynamics live classes.

TheMzk
01-17-2013, 09:04 AM
It's January, and i want to join this month's course but i am short of funds (i don't earn, and my dad has to support me and i don't think this is the right time to ask him because of some reasons)
So i'll be joining the one in April, i just have one more doubt..
Which course should i take? (i want to do 2d/3d compositing)
and i am so so confused about what i should do after schools over, i don't know about any 'good' school which teaches compositing in particular as a specialization.
Someone please guide me.

PatPromovies
01-17-2013, 02:28 PM
Hey man, I was looking for the same kind of thing awhile back and stumbled upon vfxlearning.com and began to take classes. Luis Pages is an excellent teacher for Maya Dynamics and Victory Perez is an amazing compositor that works in Nuke. He is planning on opening everything up for an open source project where you pay very little for a lot of useful info. Check it out here: http://www.indiegogo.com/vfxlearning

Definitely something to look into

CGTalk Moderation
01-17-2013, 02:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.