PDA

View Full Version : Zone of the Enders?

MASTERSHOKHAN
12-05-2003, 09:23 PM
O.K. I have a couple questions.

First I would like to know the steps to making animated maps?

I think that's how Konami did the scrolling glow effect on the mechs for Z.O.E.

muyo
12-06-2003, 06:07 PM
in max,there is feature called "texture blending",the way it is used is stated in manual,u can also used movie file as texture,used ani 2d animator sware.

Fox Mc Cloud
12-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Well i dont know how to make this effect in Max or Maya
but i can tell you that this effect is done by an Shader
based on the PS2 Hardware in the Unreal Engine you can
redo this effect perfectly.Hope that helps.

Greetz Fox Mc Cloud

Dargon
12-07-2003, 01:55 AM
The effect in Zone of Enders utilizes 2 techinques to do this effect, both exist in 3D packages like Maya or Max, but likely the second is done by code, rather than using the export info, because it's cheaper to do it that way.

The 1st - alpha channels. This is how they mask out the areas that will be moving. (I could be wrong on this one, they might of modeled the splits in, and used an all new piece of geometry for the areas that scroll.)

The 2nd - UV scrolling. Probably done by code, but can be accomplished in your given package. Merely moves an image, in this case probably a gradient going from black to blue and back again in a U or V direction along the object. Likely they used a 2nd UV set for this layer, and lined up all the stripes to go down the U or V axis.

muyo
12-07-2003, 04:24 AM
i test with animated txture last night,using movie file such as avi as texture will get the effect

MASTERSHOKHAN
12-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Hey thanks everybody for responding. Normally people ignore my posts. If there are any other ways you can think of please post.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.