PDA

View Full Version : Maya Sun&Sky use Backround

becken
10-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi everybody,

I want to change the backround of muy Sun & Sky but as you probably know when I introduce an image, it renders all black.
I have gone into Mayas help web but it doesn't explain this issue and in the internet I have not been able to find information on how to fix this problem.

Anyone knows how to do this?

Thank you!

InfernalDarkness
11-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Which slot are you plugging it into? You can connect it through Haze Color, but it's even better to use an HDR IBL setup instead or in conjunction with the Sun/Sky.

becken
11-08-2012, 04:09 PM
I activate the Use Background slot in the mia_physicalsky and attach an image.

I have been trying the mip_rayswitch connected to the render_cam so I have an image for reflection and a blurred one for final gather as it is going to be an animated shot; but I don't seem to find a good HDRI for my summer midday lighting, so my textures have a CG look.

The Sun&Sky gives me the best result I have been able to achieve so far even though my renders still look very 3D.

I have attached an image, there is a lot to be done. Maybe when I introduce furniture, plants, treed and my final grass it will look more realistic but I think there is something I'm not doing well about my lighting.

If you have any suggestions that would be great!

CGTalk Moderation
11-08-2012, 04:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.