PDA

View Full Version : Hello....

Jacob
06-15-2002, 01:37 AM
Hello everyone....just thought I would make myself known. I'm new to the 'talk" , but I wanted to message everyone and let me be known....love the challenges...going to join you on the next one........
:wavey:

Tommy Lee
06-15-2002, 05:18 AM
Hi Jakob!

Here´s a warm welcome from a sick-twizted madazz.:wavey:
I am also a member of this great CG-com since a short time .
Here ya get the best comments/crits ever.
I´m sure ya will find friends and wonderfull artists for future projects.
All I´ve to say... enjoy staying here!!!:beer:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee:twisted:

Jacob
06-15-2002, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome...I appreciate it. It looks like these challenges will be fun and exiting. The only thing is I'm more worried about my style. I'm a little more cartoony than most and never go for the realistic look...I hope I still fit in!:rolleyes:

Norante
06-16-2002, 04:59 AM
There room for everyone, dont worry.

And Welcome!

Tommy Lee
06-16-2002, 02:54 PM
For sure there is place for cartoonish look. I am also not that realistic. And I think most of the people in here prefer that non-realistc look. Browse the threads and u will see.

So don´t worry:thumbsup:

Sleepless
06-16-2002, 03:37 PM
c'mon in, the water's warm.

jeroentje
06-16-2002, 07:47 PM
One of the (many) reasons I come here, is to see something I hadn't seen before. There can never be too much diversity in styles or techniques.

jeroentje :beer:
Come on. Don't be shy. Surprise us. We're waiting. :bounce:

Jacob
06-18-2002, 02:08 AM
Thanks guys....I'm glad my style will be welcomed. In fact..here is an image of a sketch of my latest idea...there are a few folks here on CGTalk that I shar an office with....I think they are the only ones who kind of know the story line....and I think it will be ahile before I reveal it. But here is the main character and his home....

...think Boo Radley meets Eyore.......

Bye Guys...and C-Mac.....I found your DVD covers and stuff.....Ill bring it tomarrow...........bye.....:lightbulb

Jacob
06-18-2002, 02:13 AM
Thanks guys....I'm glad my style will be welcomed. In fact..here is an image of a sketch of my latest idea...there are a few folks here on CGTalk that I shar an office with....I think they are the only ones who kind of know the story line....and I think it will be ahile before I reveal it. But here is the main character and his home....

...think Boo Radley meets Eyore.......

Bye Guys...and C-Mac.....I found your DVD covers and stuff.....Ill bring it tomarrow...........bye.....:lightbulb

Tommy Lee
06-18-2002, 05:21 AM
Yeah...great style!:applause:

Love the expressions of the chars.
Keep´em comin. I´ll keep an eye on ya work.:surprised

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Jacob
06-19-2002, 01:22 AM
Well...things are going good....heres some more character sketches for my desert project.....

....I don't have names yet because none of them are final...

...I DO know there is going to be three Kagaroo Rats, the Gila Monster, the Cactus, and a Wren....but I just haven't figured out their story or Visuals yet.....

...I know I could put this on the gallery part...but you guys are the hard workers and I love the challenges so I'll share them with you.....

Bye guys!

P.S.
I would like to say that this stuff is copywritten as well......

Gamoron
06-19-2002, 03:46 AM
Holy Smokes. that stuff is beautiful. The first image made me think Jim Woodring and Frank, and then the next was pure Classic animation. Great work.
do you work in classical?:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee
06-19-2002, 05:19 AM
Yeah man!!!:thumbsup:

Like ya style. Reminds of Don Bluth´ style(AE, Dragon´s Lair, Charly-All dogs went to heaven...)

Keep going:applause:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Jacob
06-19-2002, 01:59 PM
Thanks Guys! I really appreciate it!

I try to do as much classical as possible and it's my first true love...but my job entails 3D, so I have to sneak it in every so often....however, your right, thats how my mind works. I see everything in 2D. The cool thing is, when you work in a 3D house, it improves your artwork a hundred times fold because you have to THINK in 3D.

MOst of this stuff I've been sketching between previeews at work...hopefully I'll do some more today...

...Oh...what 3D packages do you guys use? (if any)

Bye guys and gals....see ya later today!:)

Jacob
06-20-2002, 01:16 AM
Alright....I have a problem.......I can't decide on the style of the "Kangaroo Rats".....

...I like th emore cartoony style I have originally designed above, and they wil be much easier to animate...but I don't think they will fit in style wise with the Gila Monster and Cactus Wren (I've decided on the one on the cactus). Not to mention the Stinkbug (going with the one on the top-right above)...

..so......heres some new sketches on a Kangaroo Rat style. It's more realistic and just as fun....but I thought I would get your guys opinion....

Jacob
06-20-2002, 01:21 AM
Okay guys...this is my last concept image for the desert project that I will post. I need to start the production phase soon, not to mention the up-coming challenges...this is the Gila Monster's lair......

...so....thank you for all your help, input, and support on my project. Your stuff looks great and I hope to see you all in the next challenge....I'm not going anywhere...but I wont do any more image posts for awhile....MUST DO WORK!!! MUST DO WORK!!!

See ya guys later!:wavey:

Tommy Lee
06-20-2002, 05:43 AM
Great!

I think the second design of the K-Rat is fitting muuuuuch better to the other chars.:thumbsup:

It has more expression and character...
The prob for animating isnt that big. Just simplify the outlines to get not in trouble with the fur.

Also the shot of the cave is very cool. Your style is individual and consequent.
Keep working man, thats for sure the right way.:applause:

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Here is the image to show what I ment(hope thats no prob I used your sketch):

Sleepless
06-20-2002, 07:18 AM
doooooood......these concept sketches are great. non photo blue. when i worked in the newspaper biz we used those all the time. Haven't tried them in a while. They helped me stay loose if I remember right. Nice work:applause:

jeroentje
06-20-2002, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean Sleepless, "I love the smell of Rubbercement (a.k.a. photo-glue) in the morning..." haha.

Nice sketches Jacob :thumbsup:
jeroentje

Jacob
06-20-2002, 02:09 PM
Thats just what I wanted to hear......I will definately go to the second design.....it's kind of the way I was leaning...I just had to hear it from someone else...some confirmation....

Thanks Guys!! Especially you Tommy!:beer:

JacobB
06-20-2002, 06:06 PM
sweet name man:thumbsup: :D

Jacob
06-24-2002, 07:41 PM
Yes. But I didn't choose it. It was given to me by my mother. A ritual passed on and on by generations of loadbearring Jacobs.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.