PDA

View Full Version : Got my first Wacom Bamboo today!

Sh1zn3t
10-24-2012, 09:51 PM
Hey guys! :)

I just bought a brand new Wacom Bamboo Touch and Pen today and man - I can't let it
be for a minute!

I just recently got into Digital Drawing/painting and I find it very interesting and good fun!

I just have a few problems with finding the right tools to use for Photoshop. Brushes, in general.

I found a few "sketch / pencil" brushes to use but I cant really say I'm too happy with any of them. So I'm asking here for some help when it comes to brushes. Is there anywhere besides deviantart I can get free brushes to use to draw with?

A brush pack would be awesome with all kinds of drawing/painting brushes. Im currently only sketching as my drawing skills arent too handy:p But like I said, my sketch brush doesnt look too nice for me.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

-Julian

Lunatique
10-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Much more helpful would be to simply spend a lot of time (like an entire afternoon) trying all the different brush customizing settings and find out exactly what they do, and then create your own custom brushes and presets. This will allow you to actually learn how to create your own unique brushes, as well as allow you to learn the brush engine and its capabilities.

You can try capturing interesting looking textures and turn them into brush presets (select the area as a square selection, then go to Edit->Define Brush Preset), try very useful settings like the scattering feature, or try different combinations, as well as dual brush, and so on.

Sh1zn3t
10-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks a bunch for the reply! Iv actually been messing around with the presets lately, hopefully I'll come up with something cool:)

CGTalk Moderation
10-29-2012, 11:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.