Julez4001
12-05-2003, 05:31 PM
proton, can u mention to tech support/developers
about making an explorer like interface for moving.copying
multiple presets to subfolders. ]

Basic manager!

aurora
12-05-2003, 11:13 PM
AMEN!!! I was just trying to rearrange several of my holders just this morning and it took apinfully long in LW! I should have just done it Windows Exploder.

Julez4001
12-05-2003, 11:35 PM
except soemtimes when you get erors in your prests, it screws up the order and assign it a number in its file which you don't want that is?

Look here

\\LW7\Programs\Presets\Surface Editor\Surface Preset\WorkSpace

file like these?

s1f4.2

is this my ice or fire preset?

So please some explorer functions
in the preset menu:

mass copy
rename
rename seq
mass move
mass delete

preludian
12-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Yes Please, it's very often the basic things that kill the workflow.

eggy
12-06-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by preludian
Yes Please, it's very often the basic things that kill the workflow.

hey, that's lightwave. :rolleyes:

A preset and user interface manager would be great !

toonshady
12-06-2003, 02:19 AM
Is it me or you folks don't like the Newtek forum anymore. Lately, I notice the feature requests over there seems to come from noobs that just picked up 3d for several months. And some of the request had been requested like eons ago.

Julez4001
12-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Newtek Foruns - yeah like they listen over there.

aurora
12-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Sadly I spend more time in this forum then I should. I just don't have the time to hit both this and Newteks forum on a daily basis. I usually only go over there when theres a link from here to there and then I browse the forum. Sad and sick but true. I know I would get a ton more info by visiting it daily and maybe after the first of the year I'll find a way to fit it into my schedule.

carbon8
12-06-2003, 03:14 PM
You can manage your presets to a certain extent. Add individual folders within the presets folder. Name your folders something like rock, dirt, skin, metals, etc. and reopen lightwave, they will automatically show in the presets dropdown list.

aurora
12-06-2003, 04:07 PM
True, but you can only play with one preset at a time and if you are trying to move a couple dozen or even hundreds it is a very time consumming task. What we would like is the same fxn currently but for multiple files at once and preferably with a tree control type layout.

chrisWhite
12-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Please NewTek, please! :drool: This would be so helpful and it can't be that hard to do, can it? Maybe for 8 or 8.5

proton
12-06-2003, 06:49 PM
send this in to LW Features....that is where they pull from....great idea!

lwfeatures@newtek.com

Julez4001
12-06-2003, 10:17 PM
See that why I post here..good ol' proton!

Try to get this into Lw 8.0a

Its realy a simple addition than any I ever ask for (speed, expression, faster IK, Render Multipass manager, faster hypervoxels, Faster GI..oh this is getting long winded)

Thanks in advance

and carbon8, I think everybody and their mom did tha trick but thats just a very non-solution to this tedious problem.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.