PDA

View Full Version : problem with viewport

lorenaevers0406
10-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Hello, I am fairly new about technical details for running appropiately software on my computer, so I need a little help. I bought a computer recently this computer has a Radeon (TM) HD 7690M XT card 2 gb, I installed maya and mari. For mari, it tells me that it is missing the GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, and for maya whenever I turn on the viewport 2.0, the screen freezes, it looks as the software is still running (if I complete an action the feedback is still running) but the model is still in the default view and not moving if I switch back to default quality everything works fine, evn the changes I made while running viewport are there.

Please help! I am terribly scared that this is somehow unfixable unless I buy another graphic card, which I don't know is switchable btw...

Thankyou veery much!

olson
10-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Is this on a laptop? Does the laptop have some form of hybrid graphics where it switches between integrated graphics and discreet graphics?

lorenaevers0406
10-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Hello Olson, I solved it earlier today, this is a laptop and it was indeed a problem that the discreet graphics card was always working and other one was deactivated, so after a series of attemps it was finally fixed, the only problem now is that since it is a radeon I can not install mari. Thank you so much! Just a quick question is there is any chance the computer changes again to the discreet graphic card? That is because someone helped me fix it, because the program does not have the option to switch between cards that easily, and I would like to know how can I do it myself. :) thanks!

olson
10-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Hello Olson, I solved it earlier today, this is a laptop and it was indeed a problem that the discreet graphics card was always working and other one was deactivated, so after a series of attemps it was finally fixed, the only problem now is that since it is a radeon I can not install mari. Thank you so much! Just a quick question is there is any chance the computer changes again to the discreet graphic card? That is because someone helped me fix it, because the program does not have the option to switch between cards that easily, and I would like to know how can I do it myself. :) thanks!

I have a notebook with hybrid graphics (from Nvidia) and there's an option in the BIOS to change between one graphics devices or the other (or both automatically). I find 3D applications work best when the integrated graphics are completely disabled (the Intel graphics) and the system uses only the discreet graphics (the Nvidia graphics).

CGTalk Moderation
10-23-2012, 03:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.