PDA

View Full Version : CGChallenge XXVII - TEN - Nico Strobbe

Nothingness
10-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi all,

Since i'm a fan of the former style of challenge with WIP-threads, i though i just might as well join along.
Here is my first image posted with some sketches finding a setting for my story.

http://cgc-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/ten/116379/10001453/media.jpg

A hint for some: You can direct link the posted image from the challenge here. When you view it, right-click the image and say view in tab. Then you can just grab the url.

Much fun to all!

mmoir
10-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Nothingness,
Nice architectural sketches.:thumbsup:

Nothingness
10-26-2012, 02:27 AM
thanks mmoir

here is the start of the layout i chose!

http://cgc-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/ten/116379/10001704/media.jpg

It's my first digital painting so i hope i'm taking the correct steps. Not trying to get into too much detail, but blocking out all. It's dark for the moment cause it'll be darker afterwards. But it will fill up with yellowish lights and reflective wet surfaces soon.

cheers

JWRodegher
10-26-2012, 02:45 AM
This is looking terrific! Keeping an eye on this one.
Man, I wish I could draw backgrounds like that, I suck at backgrounds.
I want to see more!

Nothingness
10-26-2012, 05:11 PM
This is looking terrific! Keeping an eye on this one.
Man, I wish I could draw backgrounds like that, I suck at backgrounds.
I want to see more!

Thanks Jonathan!

The background is nothing more than some extensive use of basic perspective. Only difference is that i created guide lines for a few perspective points, and deformed them from the vanishing point.
Then you just draw perspective but follow the bended grid and all falls into place.

cheers

JWRodegher
10-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Yeah I kinda can work some basic perspective (not this good though) but more importantly, there's more to it than just basic persp to me. It is required a good eye to make interesting.
I'm watching! :scream:

TeamBAR
10-27-2012, 01:05 AM
Nice sketches! What's the story?

CGTalk Moderation
10-27-2012, 01:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.