PDA

View Full Version : RealFlow Plug-in update Cinema 4D!

NextLimit-Madrid
10-16-2012, 02:11 PM
For both RealFlow and RealFlow RenderKit - Cinema R14 supported
Customers can download via their customer gateway

pnoland
10-21-2012, 08:15 PM
The Cinema 4d OSX connectivity plugin zip file does not seem to work. I get decompression errors downloaded with Safari and Firefox.

NextLimit-Madrid
10-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this has been fixed now.

All the best

pnoland
10-22-2012, 11:07 PM
The download works now....but every time I try to use the 'Realflow Particle Import' from the plugins menu it crashes Cinema 4d. I am using R14 Broadcast on a 2011 iMac. I tried to submit my issue on your customer portal but it won't allow me to choose the product so I can't submit the problem.

NextLimit-Madrid
10-23-2012, 08:53 AM
I am sorry this issue persists. We will be in touch with you personally to reslolve the problem.

Mr.Tyler Durden
10-23-2012, 11:08 PM
The download works now....but every time I try to use the 'Realflow Particle Import' from the plugins menu it crashes Cinema 4d. I am using R14 Broadcast on a 2011 iMac. I tried to submit my issue on your customer portal but it won't allow me to choose the product so I can't submit the problem.

The Problem is the Edition you are using, as it doesn't include the Thinking Particles Module.

The Plugin works fine with the Studio Edition and thats about it.

pnoland
10-24-2012, 01:29 AM
Ahhh...that makes sense. Well I am able to import my .BIN files via the renderkit importers so I can work with that. Thanks...I couldn't pony up the cash for Studio just yet. :P

Mr.Tyler Durden
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I couldn't pony up the cash for Studio just yet. :P

but the same amount of money for RealFlow (excluding maintenance fee oc), doesn't make sense to me actually.. you'd want to invest in your host 3D application first..

DSW
10-24-2012, 09:17 PM
but the same amount of money for RealFlow (excluding maintenance fee oc), doesn't make sense to me actually.. you'd want to invest in your host 3D application first..Why would you want to do that if it is more important to have outstanding fluid simulation? You might be able to get by with the basics of your 3D app, but if you're needing very good fluids then investing in something like Realflow would help you FAR more than investing in upgrading your app. No?

pnoland
10-24-2012, 10:09 PM
but the same amount of money for RealFlow (excluding maintenance fee oc), doesn't make sense to me actually.. you'd want to invest in your host 3D application first..

I opted for Broadcast because this is really just my expensive hobby. I don't do 3d work professionally really (small jobs every so often) so I just enjoy working with and learning all the tools I can afford. I am an EDU license holder of Realflow so I did invest in my host 3d application first. I may upgrade to Studio when I can justify the purchase but I'm totally happy with Broadcast for now and I'm glad to say I have been tinkering and have been able to use import my realflow data via the render kit now.

Mr.Tyler Durden
10-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Why would you want to do that if it is more important to have outstanding fluid simulation? You might be able to get by with the basics of your 3D app, but if you're needing very good fluids then investing in something like Realflow would help you FAR more than investing in upgrading your app. No?

No! Most important is, to be able to work with these simulation data at all;) lol

I opted for Broadcast because this is really just my expensive hobby. I don't do 3d work professionally really (small jobs every so often) so I just enjoy working with and learning all the tools I can afford. I am an EDU license holder of Realflow so I did invest in my host 3d application first. I may upgrade to Studio when I can justify the purchase but I'm totally happy with Broadcast for now and I'm glad to say I have been tinkering and have been able to use import my realflow data via the render kit now.

Ah, makes sense, I thought you are a pro user of RealFlow..
I thought the Renderkit isn't available with the Learning Edition..

pnoland
10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Ah, makes sense, I thought you are a pro user of RealFlow..
I thought the Renderkit isn't available with the Learning Edition..

You can purchase the Renderkit to go along with the EDU license.

CGTalk Moderation
10-25-2012, 11:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.