PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Scaling/Units

Starius
10-15-2012, 11:49 PM
I want to 3d print the objects i make on blender. how do i determine my models real life measurement in blender before i print them? I want to know what a Inch/Foot would be in blender? Is there any scripts/displays/what have you, that helps me determine real life scalability and printability.

DanielWray
10-16-2012, 12:33 PM
If you go to the properties panel, under 'Scene', you can select the units you want to use in Blender of scales. Either Metric, or Imperial.

Then you can either a) use the grid to determine the scale, or b) try using the 'measure panel' add-on. I'm not sure if it will work for your purpose, but it is worth a shot. You can enable by going to File > user preferences > add-ons, then search for 'Measure Panel' and click the little box on the right hand-side to enable it. You can read up on how to use it if you get stuck.

Mrkat
10-21-2012, 06:05 AM
I want to 3d print the objects i make on blender. how do i determine my models real life measurement in blender before i print them? I want to know what a Inch/Foot would be in blender? Is there any scripts/displays/what have you, that helps me determine real life scalability and printability.You mean this stuff (http://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/metric-imperial-units.php)?

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2012, 06:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.