PDA

View Full Version : CGCHALLENGE: TEN (Books)- Greg Stovell

grstovell
10-12-2012, 05:29 PM
TEN most widely read books in the world.

Haven't been part of a challenge in almost... TEN years =) So I thought I'd get back into the swing of things with this one.

This will be a 'panorama' image with 10 open "impossible pop-up books" (most widely read) featuring architectural renders of an iconic building/ image for each book. Each building and it's environment spills out of each book onto the table surface. The general environment? I'm guessing a private library / reading room. All Architectural 3D Viz - as photorealistic as possbile.

The books (in order) based on sales numbers in the last 50 years are:

Diary of Anne Frank, Think and Grow Rich, Gone with the Wind (Tara of course), Twilight (the cool house in the woods?), The DaVinci Code (The Louvre), The Alchemist, Lord of the Rings (Minas Tirith would be tough but interesting), Harry potter (Hogwarts), Quotations from the works of Mao-Tse-Tung, the Bible (Zion? The new Jerusalem? Solomon's temple? A nativity scene?).

Concept sketches this weekend...

CGTalk Moderation
10-12-2012, 05:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.