PDA

View Full Version : HDRI Help... please...

De-Cypher
06-14-2002, 08:01 PM
Been learning lighting and rendering techniques.

Just started dabbling in HDRI. I have to images that I am experimenting with, my question is how do you create a scene that does not show the background HDRI image probe. I would like the scene to look similar to many posts in this forum. Like the classic car posts that have those fantastic reflections but have infinite floor and sky.

I have been using Cinema 4d 7 and have been putting the HDRI material on a sky object. I have noticed some people utilizing large spheres and mention of projecting the HDRI image from a spot light.

Please guide me... Thanks for your help

De-Cypher
06-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Chair image, tutorial modeling from www.maxon.de

Chris
06-16-2002, 10:15 PM
I dont use Cinema, so this could be way wrong. In Finalrender (the Cinema GI engine is an early version of fR) you can apply the HDRI to a 'skylight' slot, which dosent show up in the render. Before they implemented that, I'd do one of two things:

A: place another sphere inside the sphere with the HDRI on it. Then exclude the inner sphere from the MSP tree (raytracing accelleration tree) that way it would be rendered, obscuring the HDRI, but wouldnt affect the GI solution

B: generate your GI solution with the HDRI in the background, then save the solution & set it to re-use GI (ie dont calculate again) then just hide the HDRI & render!

De-Cypher
06-17-2002, 02:22 AM
Chris... thanks a lot... going to try it....

De-Cypher
06-17-2002, 03:07 AM
IT WORKED.... Thank you!!!:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.