PDA

View Full Version : Match Layout Camera to Modeler Perspective Viewport

projectcoil
12-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Is there a match layout camera to modeler perspective viewport plugin available?

Steve Warner
12-04-2003, 09:47 PM
I don't believe so. But there is a match Layout camera to Layout's perspective view. It's called PViewMC and is one of Faulkermano's tools. It can be found here:

http://thespread.ghostoutpost.com./

Hope this helps,

Steve

projectcoil
12-04-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Steve Warner
I don't believe so. But there is a match Layout camera to Layout's perspective view. It's called PViewMC and is one of Faulkermano's tools. It can be found here:

http://thespread.ghostoutpost.com./

Hope this helps,

Steve

Thanks Steve. I've got PViewMC and it's a great plugin. I'm trying to orient some objects around a layout camera. Does anyone know the best possible way to do this?

Steve Warner
12-05-2003, 01:42 AM
You're welcome. :)

When you say "orient objects around a layout camera" are you talking about camera matching? If so, Worley has a Camera Match plugin as part of its Taft collection. There's also ICARUS, if you can find it. If you're not looking for camera matching, can you give me a little more info on what you're trying to achieve?

Thanks!

Steve

WillCameron
12-05-2003, 10:37 AM
actually that would be a good request for LW8 or 8.1 or whatever.
Put a little button above the Perspective view window that whenever you tick it it will snap the view to toe camera selected in Layout (or give you a dropdown choice of selectable cameras).

Mostly useless though, I suppose. but a nice little addition :-)

- Will.

telamon
12-05-2003, 10:49 AM
it might be difficult insofar as you can have up to 4 perspective viewports in modeler oriented differently.

projectcoil
12-05-2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by WillCameron
actually that would be a good request for LW8 or 8.1 or whatever.
Put a little button above the Perspective view window that whenever you tick it it will snap the view to toe camera selected in Layout (or give you a dropdown choice of selectable cameras).

Mostly useless though, I suppose. but a nice little addition :-)

- Will.

This is what I had in mind. Mainly for positioning items in modeler rather in layout. Which can be a little cumbersome.

Kvaalen
12-05-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Steve Warner
You're welcome. :)

When you say "orient objects around a layout camera" are you talking about camera matching? If so, Worley has a Camera Match plugin as part of its Taft collection. There's also ICARUS, if you can find it. If you're not looking for camera matching, can you give me a little more info on what you're trying to achieve?

Thanks!

Steve

There is also a free one from FI's junk box. I've never tried it though. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.