PDA

View Full Version : "dumb"question-jpeg to avi in max

buckky
12-04-2003, 06:34 PM
sorry if this is already a thread,i looked.
can i convert a batch of jpegs to an avi with video post or by any means in 3dsmax?
i couldnt find it in my help,and dont want to use another program if i can help it. thanks

lulaassassina
12-04-2003, 06:36 PM
No, you can't.

Try AfterEffects, Premiére or eve Flash can do it. Not 3dsmax.

That I know.

buckky
12-04-2003, 06:39 PM
thanks. bummer.

quinox
12-04-2003, 10:14 PM
I'm no prof, but when I fooled around with 3dmax I thought I found an option to select a static background, and you could give it a filename with 0000001 and it would automaticly take a new picture for every frame... only thing left then is to add a camera and render it or am I wrong here?

DaForce
12-05-2003, 03:44 AM
You can use RAM Player to convert the jpgs (image in general) into an avi, as long as the jpg are in number sequence...001.jpg , 002.jpg...and so on.

Go into the render menu, and down the bottom there is a thing called RAM Player, add all your images into if by pressing the open folder in channel A. once all the image are added in ( you should only need to click the first one, and it will pick up that its a sequence and do the rest for you) then you can play the anim to see if its ok. make sure the frame rate is set right. Then click DISK icon to save the sequence to an AVI.

Not this will load the images into your RAM, so it does have certain limitations as to how many images can be loaded, but with todays computer you should be able to get lots and lots in.

Hope this helps. :-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.