PDA

View Full Version : MFA in VFX at DMAC

r2006wash
10-10-2012, 10:40 PM
I got accpected to start DMAC in Jan but it really expensive, and i dont want to be paying student loans when i am 80. I already have my B.A. in Digital Media from UCF but due to the budget cut when i was in school i have no modeling or VFX xp. Im on lynda.com but its soooo boring but i dont feel like it working for me.

Now im thinking is DMAC worth the money investment?

taxguy
10-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Linda.com is most well known for web design work and graphics oriented projects. It isn't as strong in VFX traininng as with other areas.

DMAC on paper has a very strong program. The problem is that I haven't met anyone in the industry who went there and it is a "for profit" schools, which always makes such a school questionable. The only "for profit" schools that I have seen in the animation industry that I liked were School of Visual Arts and some online educational program such as Animation Mentor.

Before attending DMAC, I would check it out personally. Meet with students. Ask them questions. Meet with career services to ask them some pointed questions.

r2006wash
10-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Thank you i will take a look into that. Can you tell me some more about the online programs?? I seen a few that im looking to go into but i do not know if should try to go into a program at a school or at a production company?

CGTalk Moderation
10-16-2012, 06:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.