PDA

View Full Version : Digital Education

Sunislandcloudsky
10-08-2012, 11:38 PM
I was looking for help improving my digital art skills. I have a b.f.a in painting though that is a traditional media degree. I was looking to go back to school for digital painting and concept design. Is a masters program a good option or is there the right school for 2d work?

Thanks

Rebeccak
10-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Art Center College of Design in Pasadena is really the best school for concept art. A master's degree won't matter at all in terms of the actual quality of your work; actually most MA / MFA programs are just watered down money makers for schools, you won't get much out of a master's program for concept art, even if one does exist. An MFA only matters if you want to teach at the college level, or a MAT for the high school level. If you really want to work as a concept artist, be aware that it's an extremely small and competitive field and that the best ones are coming out of Art Center.

Sunislandcloudsky
10-11-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks, great response.

They have an incredible program but its very expensive. The classes do seem to be well worth it though. Most of the art colleges in my area only offer fine arts. I picked up a few books on digital painting and it is overall a great experience. Thanks for the advice.

CGTalk Moderation
10-11-2012, 11:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.