PDA

View Full Version : Full Sail what do they teach? Maya? Max?

Gandamu
10-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Hello,

That's my question. Id like to know what software they teach.

Maya or 3Ds max?

THanks

DaPerPT
10-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Depends on the course... They might teach 3ds max for games and maya for film. Not sure.

FrankIowa
10-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I recently visited with a recent FS graduate that focused on animation, but also did some modeling. One of her scenes was featured a few months ago in the gallery section of 3D Artist. She learned animation in Maya and her modeled scene was composed in Maya. I'm not sure how generally applicable that is to all FS students. She moved back home and is working full-time in retail and still trying to get an industry job (while paying her school loan--which is a burden at retail pay). I did manage to get her connected with a small indie game company that may help her build her reel.

Decency
10-08-2012, 10:19 PM
The Game Art and Film programs teach Maya the entire program. There is a single course where you are introduced to another program, which used to be Max, but is now Softimage.

Game Programming may teach a very small amount of Max.

Digital Art and Design teaches 3 months of 3ds Max.

Please call them and confirm this if you are genuinely curious. My information is a little old, and it may have changed slightly, but the Game Art and Film programs are all Maya, for sure.

bujin9
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm currently in their online computer anim course.
So far, it's been Maya 100% of the time over Max. I'm on my last year but I imagine it'll stay that way. We've also touched on zbrush and nuke...but just a little. I think the zbrush is enough to get started (basics) so you can go out and learn from other places like the pixologic site or digi tutors. The nuke was too basic though. I did the escape vfx in prod course and we did way more nuke there...plus they have a mentored course dedicated to nuke...it's probably very good.
Anyways...please realize I'm only speaking for the online....not the campus.
j

CGTalk Moderation
10-09-2012, 12:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.