PDA

View Full Version : Challenge WIP: [the dark lotus]

dark_lotus
01-21-2002, 10:24 AM
Um, as the deadline approaches I give yee a pirate thing.

Any ideas on texturing, or changes will be great, I plan to put a box of treasure in his hand.

http://www.groovystudios.com/images/pirate.jpg

Suggestions and Comments please.

Note this is only my second character ever. - But still be as harsh as you can :)

Rob

epatnor
01-21-2002, 10:48 AM
Wow!!!! :) That's gonna be a challenge to rig! :p

Cool design!!!

saj
01-21-2002, 01:27 PM
thats wicked but i think u've added 2 much detail

Lev_0
01-21-2002, 06:36 PM
Hey, not sure if you were going for the "smoothed out" look, I think you were since this guy seems cartoony to me. Cool model, I think this is the most weird design I've seen here yet, all of the other pirates are bipedal :) Maybe you could add some detail to his feet, maybe give him some elephant toes or what not. You could keep the cartoony feel and add small details to make it more realistic, then do some texturing on him. It's hard to crit since it's really stylized, I'm not a big fan of the proportions but refine it some more!

vertex
01-21-2002, 07:18 PM
Hi Lotus, challenging looking character you've got there, if your using max I have a working example of a max bones rig that might help with animating.

Vertex

dark_lotus
01-22-2002, 07:44 AM
Well he's coming along nicely,
I rendered him this time.

http://www.groovystudios.com/images/pirate2.jpg

He was done in LW but thankyou Vertex for the offer

Lev_O - thanks - i changed the proportions I hope you like better.

saj- to much detail. Soz dunno what you mean :)

Please take 30 seconds of your life to tell me what you think!!

Filipe Barra
01-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Nice concept.

As I saw the last image I was imagining he in a fight using his knees, it must hurt.

dark_lotus
01-23-2002, 09:04 AM
this message is for shamefull self promotion - I'm hoping more people will look at him this way (see i rated it) how nasty of me.
Oh well.
Take a look and PLEASE tell me what you think!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.