PDA

View Full Version : last question on jpeg images (I HOPE!)

dblrg
10-06-2012, 02:20 PM
So, I have not been able to use f3 on my laptop for it's intended purpose in blender, but, by pressing ctrl/f3 a screen comes up that says 'save screenshot'. low and behold, it saved and I was able to open it in windows viewer. Two problems though. One; it saves it as a .png no matter if I click on jpeg, jpeg2000, or even add .jpg at the end of the file name. Second; it saves the entire image, or I should say the entire Blender screen, the tool shelf, the header, buttons, everything, even if I'm in camera mode! Thanks for your patience folks, hope this can get figured out!!

ChukChuk
10-06-2012, 04:18 PM
In the render window where you can see your finished render, at the bottom left in the little toolbar for that that window pane. Look for the word 'image' click on it. It should open a small pop up menu. Click on 'Save as image F3'. That should give you the results you are looking for. Image below

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/280/0/8/how_to_save_an_image_by_chukchuk92-d5h1zn2.png

Also you don't need to start a new thread to reply

dblrg
10-06-2012, 04:39 PM
THANK YOU!! I'll remember to reply instead of starting a new thread from now on, my mistake. My ambition to continue in Blender is re-kindled!! I can finally view and print my work!!

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2012, 04:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.